1.6K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 465     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I flipped on CNN as soon as I read your post and it was on, only caught the last 45 or so seconds. More than another embarrassing Rob Ford story the reporter and anchor were laughing about it in the end.

You should be glad you didn't see it. The report was horrible. Made Toronto out to be some kind of gang and gun ridden city. Such an embarrassment to our great city.

^I agree, Tulse. I would also add that Ford's local police precinct has been "handling" issues for Ford for many years now, and so have quite a bit of credibility invested in not allowing any evidence to remain in existence for very long. How likely is it that Rob Ford is able to regularly visit a crack dealer without the police being aware?

From the Gawker article:

$10 bucks says it's Don Cherry.

You sure it's not P.J. Stock?

Seriously, there's way too much speculation and the source isn't all that reliable. To their credit, Donovan and Doolittle are both very good reporters and they can't be making up what they saw. They were also working the story, collecting more evidence, trying to talk to more sources before Gawker broke it prematurely. So I'm pretty sure part of this story is true. How much of it is true, and as sensational as it sounds, that's up for question.

That said, Ford should resign. He's got enough troubles as it is and he's now little more than an unfortunate distraction from all that should be important right now.

Last edited:
Getting into Alex Jones, Free Republic, Obama killed Breitbart territory. These people are scary delusional.

Perhaps I am guilty of throwing rocks in glass houses, but could this potentially cross the line into libel? At the very least, a complaint should be filed to the CRTC to broadcast such speculations.

^I agree, Tulse. I would also add that Ford's local police precinct has been "handling" issues for Ford for many years now, and so have quite a bit of credibility invested in not allowing any evidence to remain in existence for very long. How likely is it that Rob Ford is able to regularly visit a crack dealer without the police being aware?

Don't see why it would be difficult for him to do so. I doubt the police were monitoring Ford at all.

However, our man in the know, MetroMan, says that the police are aware. Perhaps he'll elaborate on how long they've known.

Perhaps I am guilty of throwing rocks in glass houses, but could this potentially cross the line into libel? At the very least, a complaint should be filed to the CRTC to broadcast such speculations.

Not sure, but I wish people could tell that speculative, just-so journalism like this is completely worthless. I doubt its enough if they're just hypothesizing which is a shame.

As much as I detest Rob Ford, I cannot get too excited about this and I urge everyone to exercise caution.

All we have so far is an anecdotal account of a video (with no duplicates!) that may not still exist.

We also have a mayor who has managed to dodge punishment mainly because his enemies pounced when the evidence they had was circumstantial or so weak that it could be thrown out in appeal.

And speaking about "appeal", don't underestimate how dogged and fanatical the remaining 25% of Torontonians who represent his fanbase are. These people will not suddenly jump ship even if he did smoke crack with known criminals and was caught saying overtly homophobic, racist and derogatory slurs. These people don't vote based on their principles; they vote because they slavishly adhere to a cult of personality. It's like cheering for a sports team that you know sucks and plays dirty. You do it because you are a fan. He is also a man that would probably not resign under any circumstance.

I also think there is a significant share of the population - perhaps 50-60% - who won't be compelled to vote in the next municipal election no matter what Rob Ford does. In fact, I think this whole disaster will make them wash their hands of municipal politics even more.

We cannot rely on Rob Ford to be unseated by the court of popular opinion. We have to rely on Rob Ford being unseated by the court of law, and right now the evidence that we have is only slightly more credible than an 8 mm tape of Bigfoot.

Didn't only 25 percent of BC come out to vote on Tuesday? Of course. The GTA puts people like Linda Jackson and Rob Ford, I would quit it too.

Don't see why it would be difficult for him to do so. I doubt the police were monitoring Ford at all.

However, our man in the know, MetroMan, says that the police are aware. Perhaps he'll elaborate on how long they've known.

I have a really hard time believing that the police aren't acutely aware of what Rob Ford does. The TPS has demonstrated time and again that they monitor the activities of their civilian overseers and they haven't been shy about blackmailing them in the past. In Rob Ford, you have a guy who is well-known to be capable of blackmailable conduct. If Rob Ford frequents a crackhouse, there's NO WAY the police don't know. This whole thing stinks like bleach. HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHPFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT. What a joke our city has become.

Also, we need to give thanks to the hearty, and wise souls who still hang in there offering defences and distractions for this greasy clucker. It reveals a lot about a person's character to know that they will stand up for a wife-beating, alcoholic, crack-smoking, drunk driving, sexually assaulting, corrupt bigot as long as he says the word "gravy" enough times. Really covers Fordites in glory and credibility. I can't wait to see what horse these "people" are backing next and to specualte about what terrible crimes he or she has committed. They deserve all of the disgust and contempt people pile on them, and more. They're worse than Rob Ford.

Somebody just made a massive donation to the Rob Ford Crackstarter fund. It jumped from ~$9,600 to ~$24,600 within a few seconds -- that's a $15,000 donation! The fund is now at 12.3 percent of the target amount.

edit -- literally a few seconds. I had been curious how quickly the donations were coming in, and hit refresh twice, about 30 seconds apart. All of the $15,000 increase happened within that 30 seconds.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back