156     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.7K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.3K     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need the indiegogo link to be published on The Star or even The Sun. I didn't see it anywhere. The Sun had commenting open at least the last time I looked.

the indiegogo campaign has already reached $25,000. 1/8th of the 200k in the first day. It is a 10 day campaign, so as long as people keep spreading the link things are looking pretty grim for Ford.

*update
another 1000 since I started this post. 26,000

One has to wonder if Rob isn't watching this. If they get close to $200K, he might just confess, rather than go through the embarrassment of having that video realeased.

It's not just about fulfilling curiosity. It's also about ensuring that Ford is exposed. You have to weigh the harm in giving a drug dealer $200,000K against the benefit of having Rob Ford permanently expelled from holding public office in Canada. For me it's an easy choice.

One of the big questions for which I haven't seen an answer yet is at what point this video becomes evidence that can be legally seized by the proper authorities. It drives me crazy that a matter so central to the public interest right now rests on some game involving drug dealers and an American gossip blog. Even if Gawker raises $200 000 and the drug dealer is good to his word, what exactly would be the logistics of making the exchange? Would John Cook try to cross the border with a briefcase full of cash? I just can't see this playing out.

One has to wonder if Rob isn't watching that. If they get close to $200K, he might just confess, rather than go through the embarrassment of having that video realeased.

Or just play a game of price is right....see where the bidding goes and then offer $1 more than the peak.

EDIT: even I got caught up in this....there is, at least, a third option.....that is he may not be the least bit fussed about it because he knows it is not true/real.....we should not rush so much we discount that option.

Last edited:
One of the big questions for which I haven't seen an answer yet is at what point this video becomes evidence that can be legally seized by the proper authorities. It drives me crazy that a matter so central to the public interest right now rests on some game involving drug dealers and an American gossip blog. Even if Gawker raises $200 000 and the drug dealer is good to his word, what exactly would be the logistics of making the exchange? Would John Cook try to cross the border with a briefcase full of cash? I just can't see this playing out.

It could easily be wired into an account here from America. John makes a phone call to someone in New York, saying he's got the goods, make the transfer. I don't think it would difficult. Seeing as a lot of people know who these guys are, I don't think they'd want $200K in cash. They're be robbed in an instant.

As much as I want to see this video, I'm not about to give money to Gawker so that they can pay off some drug dealer as a publicity stunt.

That way my hesitation before contributing. I want this tape out though, so it can be verified, or debunked (if it's fake) and this seems to be the quickest/only way to do it.

I have a feeling that the bank account connected to the Indiegogo would be a Canadian account. Get the account holder to withdraw the money, hand it over to the video owner. This isn't complicated at all.

And trust me, Gawker wouldn't start raising money if they couldn't get the logistics figured out.

If I never see my $25 again, I won't exactly lose any sleep over it. It might be a long shot, but -----*squints eyes*----- it's the only shot we've got.

I have a really hard time believing that the police aren't acutely aware of what Rob Ford does. The TPS has demonstrated time and again that they monitor the activities of their civilian overseers and they haven't been shy about blackmailing them in the past.

Do you have examples and or links to these occurrences?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back