News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.7K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.3K     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, talk about blood in the water!

In an effort to give some perspective to the situation, do you think any police force in the free world would arrest and charge Mr. Ford on the evidence offered in that grainy video?

No, I didn't think so, yet many of you are salivating at the prospect of seeing him hanging from a lamp post.

Somebody just made a massive donation to the Rob Forn Crackstarter fund. It jumped from ~$9,600 to ~$24,600 within a few seconds -- that's a $15,000 donation! The fund is now at 12.3 percent of the target amount.

That was Gawker who made the $15K donation. You can see it on the funders page.

In an effort to give some perspective to the situation, do you think any police force in the free world would arrest and charge Mr. Ford on the evidence offered in that grainy video?

No, I didn't think so, yet many of you are salivating at the prospect of seeing him hanging from a lamp post.

I don't want to see him hang from a lamp post. That would be disgusting and I'd hate to be the guy who cleans that up. But I would like to see him go to jail . After all, we should be tough on crime, right?

And I don't believe the cops will arrest him based on the video. However, his close association with gangs (including murdur victims) may cause the police to question him.

Last time I saw was the foiled terror plot a few weeks ago.
\
I kind of don't count that because it was a terrorism thing. But in practice you are right.

I know. Toronto...

As much as I want to see this video, I'm not about to give money to Gawker so that they can pay off some drug dealer as a publicity stunt.

It's not just about fulfilling curiosity. It's also about ensuring that Ford is exposed. You have to weigh the harm in giving a drug dealer $200,000K against the benefit of having Rob Ford permanently expelled from holding public office in Canada. For me it's an easy choice.

Have you seen it? One of the reporters from the Star was on 1010 this morning during my morning commute (not my normal station but I figured the guys on the Fan would not be talking about this much). She said it was on an iphone and while she did not know if it was filmed on the iphone it was definitely of the high quality she would expect from an iphone (she even made a joke apology about turning the interview into an ad for apple).

I agree, however, that no matter the quality of video it would be very hard to make an arrest of Mr. Ford (anyone) based on a video alone.

It's not just about fulfilling curiosity. It's also about ensuring that Ford is exposed. You have to weigh the harm in giving a drug dealer $200,000K against the benefit of having Rob Ford permanently expelled from holding public office in Canada. For me it's an easy choice.

I want Ford gone. And plus, the owner wants the $200,000 to move out of Toronto. So it's win win. One less drug dealer. One less crazy, homophobic, bigoted mayor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back