1.6K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 465     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ever since this guy became mayor, it has been circus after circus. We can never get anything meaningful done with him at the helm, he has become too much of a distraction. He needs to go far away from anything political concerning Toronto.

[video=youtube;8oqrUPkW77k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oqrUPkW77k&feature=youtu.be[/video]

My favourite line in the video....

"If his smoking, drinking, fighting, bad driving, and colourful racial comments didn't bother Toronto voters, crack smoking probably wont either."

If the Star had bought the video and released the video first, its journalism would have been justifiably attacked. Only celebrity tabs pay for stories. Reputable organizations do not practise chequebook journalism. And The Star, which is already target practice for shooting the messenger when it comes to Ford, has to tread very carefully. It did what it was supposed to do. Watch the video as closely and as many times as it could with two reporters viewing it, keeping separate notes on it to minimize the risk of errors, and then working to get the video for free or, failing that, verification, confirmation or comment.

Journalism 101.

To the layman's eyes, the Star was the first major news source to break the story and without the public seeing the video, Ford can claim that he's the victim again of a leftist plot. These days, it's simply not enough to have claimed to have seen something- people want raw proof that they can trust in.

Thank god we like in Canada where freedom of the press is enshrined in our beloved Constitution.

In many other parts of the world the freedom to print anything you like about anything you want about anybody is not enshrined. In those barbaric countries little things like facts, innocent until proven guilty, and one's right to confront their accusers in a court of law are such a nuisance when a nice juicy paper selling article is the offering. Those rights are just soooooo 20th century.

As for the Province newspaper trying to raise $100k for the Ford video is absolutely incorrect. The money is actually for a new video that has surfaced that shows Christy Clark giving Adrian Dix oral sex in exchange for his willingness to "blow" the election. Both, it seems have egg on their face although clearly some of that substance on Christy's face is questionable. I know this for a fact because somebody saw a video of somebody who looks like somebody with somebody else.

The Toronto Star has sunk to new lows and for them that is no small feat. Not that this is at all unexpected as little things like journalistic integrity have never stood in the way of the Star when selling papers is on the line.

Tell me all you Ford haters out there..........what is going to happen if the video turns out to be false? Ford, love him or hate him, will be forever referred to as a coke addict. Most of you are too young to remember the infamous case of a nurse in the 1970s in Kingston. She was accused of a series of murders in a hospital. She sunk into a deep depression, her career was destroyed, her father had a heart attack and died due to the stress of the media and courts yet he had no heart troubles before the witch hunt began, and she will always have to deal with the stigma of being a murdering nurse. Turns out, she was completely innocent, she got a huge settlement but the damage was done.

What happens in a week if that video turns out to be true.............well kids that too is irrelevant and I mean COMPLETELY irrelevant. Unless he admits to the crime, despite what The Star says, he is innocent until proven guilty. Has The Star been granted divine authority by the almighty to be both judge and jury or for that matter has the general public? If the public feels he is guilty does that make it so and to hell with that little concept of justice?

I hope that all of you, Torontonians in general, and The Star have never bitched about this new US style justice you are emulating...................it's called Guantanamo 101.

tumblr_m7qa8fo65A1qhhcjn.gif

As much as I detest Rob Ford, I cannot get too excited about this and I urge everyone to exercise caution.

All we have so far is an anecdotal account of a video (with no duplicates!) that may not still exist.

As much as I am not a fan of the Star, I have to believe a video exists. I can't imagine two of their writers would say they saw something if they did not. Now, whether it is real or whether it actually depicts what they think it does...that is unknown but I am confident the video "exists".

Ever since this guy became mayor, it has been circus after circus. We can never get anything meaningful done with him at the helm, he has become too much of a distraction. He needs to go far away from anything political concerning Toronto.

I will give him credit where it's due: he did get a whole lot of people interested in municipal politics who otherwise wouldn't be. Of course it's for all the wrong reasons.

CNN will be reporting on the story in the next few minutes.

They mentioned something about Toronto's mayor being associated with Somali drug dealers.

The fact that they mentioned "Somali drug dealers" make this seem 10 times worse. We already know what Americans think of Somalians from the pirate kidnaping incident a few years ago.

Enjoy the show.

I flipped on CNN as soon as I read your post and it was on, only caught the last 45 or so seconds. More than another embarrassing Rob Ford story the reporter and anchor were laughing about it in the end.

From the Gawker article:

Rob Ford purchases his crack cocaine from a crew of Toronto drug dealers that service a veritable who's who of A-list...Torontonians? Torontites? Anyway, a lot of prominent people in Toronto purchase and enjoy crack and powder cocaine, and they all buy it from the same folks. The same folks Ford buys it from. Ford's longtime friend, people on his staff, his brother, a prominent hockey analyst, and more.

$10 bucks says it's Don Cherry.

Last edited:
If the dealers also supply other bigwigs, I very much doubt we'll ever see the video, or find out who the dealers are. Someone will cough up and/or threaten them sufficiently to keep them quiet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back