News   Jul 12, 2024
 643     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 286     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://vine.co/v/M93AYUaeJKW

Rob is "touring" an electronics recycling plant today.

Why? What is he even doing? Wearing a shiny new hard hat and peeking in boxes.

It's amazing how 6 seconds of video can perfectly capture his aimless, pointless existence, and enrage me this much.

Doug seems to do all the talking.

Check out the stacks of fridge magnets front and centre. :D

View attachment 30875

Last edited:
So what are young men called when they prey on "older women"? Not the sugar momma situation, that's not always he case. And yes it happens.[/QUOTe

Ive heard them called cubs. They might call themselves lucky but the word Cougar denotes a certain predatory nature regardless of the age difference.

Last edited:
If Ford wasn't running he'd absolutely have my vote.
ford doesn't have a prayer

look for Sok to make dramatic gains by september

all this "strategic voting" bullshit is simply maintaining the status quo

you want something better for toronto? don't vote ford or tory or chow

I would bet that if Soks starts to close in on eclipsing Ford's numbers that a lot of Tory/Chow supporters will swing over. Funny but it seems that Ford can't attack Soks with the rhetoric the way he can target Tory and Chow. Nothing to stick to on that one.

Last edited:

He received 47% of the vote in 2010.

Any predictions as to what percentage he will receive in the 2014 election?

Like they say, it's the only poll that counts. ( We saw how wrong polls can be after the recent provincial election. )

Sounds like a good pool for UT!

( Unlike the arrest pool, we have a definite date for the election. )

"Rob Ford HIGHER than he has ever been!!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPWllGo73-4

Last edited:
This has been driving me crazy for awhile. Several times Rob has used the expression "my heart bleeds for .....", and I've always thought it was to be used ironically. He used it again yesterday, so I looked it up and I was right. Once again Rob is misusing another expression.

Don PeatVerified account
‏@reporterdonpeat
RT @MaryamSun1 "My heart just bleeds for these people, that's a major tragedy" Rob Ford on VELD music festival deaths

“I admit my heart bleeds for Doug Holyday for sure but you have to hand it to Peter who won fair and square. I am really hoping Doug will now come back and run for council again. We need him on there.†Toronto Sun June 13/2014

“My heart bleeds for them when someone gets killed. But it's their own fault at the end of the day.†On fatally injured cyclists, March 7, 2007 ...NOW

“I don’t know how I would carry on if I lost my daughter,†Ford said. “My heart bleeds for this family and any other family that have lost a loved one, especially a child.†Toronto Sun July 17/2014

Thank you, I feel better now.

I think the ironic use of it has drained it of all sincerity. The only vestige of actual empathy in it is when someone is referred to as being a 'bleeding heart' but even then the suggestion is that someone cares too much.

So yeah, Rob probably doesn't actually realize that it means you don't actually care (much), but then he doesn't actually care anyway. It's just a convenient dead metaphor (as Orwell put it) for putting on a display of empathy.

What it really means is 'I know I should pretend to care and they tell me I'm supposed to, but I don't. Instead, I'm going to revert to one of my talking points to score some more attention'.

It seems that when 'my heart bleeds' actually connoted sympathy, the flippant way of expressing the opposite was 'my heart pumps dishwater'.

I'm down with a "% of the vote" pool for Ford. What would the prize be? Glory?

I have no problem keeping track again, although I think maybe this time, please PM me your answers as it will be easier to keep track of. Should we set say a two week limit?

I'm down with a "% of the vote" pool for Ford. What would the prize be? Glory?

I have no problem keeping track again, although I think maybe this time, please PM me your answers as it will be easier to keep track of. Should we set say a two week limit?

Good idea about PMing the predictions. It will be more interesting not knowing what the others pick until it is "officially" posted here.

Bragging rights to the winner!

This is some serious wishful thinking.

In a year without an incumbent? Sure.
In a year with an incumbent as reviled as Rob Ford? No.

People are going to be voting to get Ford out of office, not necessarily for the ideal candidate. Soknacki only stands to steal votes from Tory or Chow, which will lead to Ford polling in the lead again, in which case people will get skittish and swing right back to Tory or Chow.

Also, I've donated to Soknacki and think he's a great candidate. But if he contributes to a vote split that allows our current idiot criminal mayor to be re-elected, I won't have much respect for that.

We can't get on ranked ballots soon enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back