News   Jul 12, 2024
 502     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 274     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll say 26%.

I guess it'll be between 26-27%, but I'm trying to be optimistic.

I've been consistent in my belief of around 15%. I think his ceiling is 20%. I think, polls be damned, when people get into the ballot box the ONLY people who will vote for him are the Ford Nation Lost Causes. All the people who were willing to give this maverick, this not-like-other-guys pol a chance last time cuz they were tired of Miller and what they perceived to be runaway spending are done with Ford. All he's got left is a rump and soon we'll know exactly how small it is.

That said, the man has taken us so far towards a democratic rock bottom that it will be very interesting to look at the vote breakdown once all is said and done. Any neighbourhood that votes for him is effectively lost to the greater city,as far as I'm concerned. I have a very small amount of sympathy for those who genuinely feel he is the only one who listens to their real problems or who are, for whatever reason, marginalized. But that doesn't change the fact that in voting for him they are being duped by a sick, criminal liar who - by the by - has no clue how to govern and, even were he somehow re-elected, would be unable to push an agenda through council. I really don't care who wins aside from Ford (OK, and Stintz) but I suspect John Tory has a far greater understanding of the needs in "priority neighbourhoods" and how to confront them than Ford ever could. But these people will vote for him anyway and in doing so will (IMHO) exclude themselves from helping the city move forward. Whether Ford voters are amoral, selfish or merely ignorant makes no difference to me at this point.

unnamed (1).jpg

We have a really important vote happening at City Hall next week.

Two months ago we asked you to contact your City Councillor about new voting machines. Councillors Paul Ainslie and Joe Mihevc had brought forward a motion which ensures that Toronto's new voting machines will be capable of processing ranked ballots.

Without the right machines, we will not be able to use ranked ballots for our local elections!

At the time, City Council postponed their decision and sent the motion to the Government Management Committee. On Monday, the Committee will debate and vote on this crucial motion.

http://www.123toronto.ca/gm_32_31.htm

Attachments

• unnamed (1).jpg
    unnamed (1).jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 1,283
Mikey getting in the groove.

View attachment 30869

The kids are darn near taller than he is! LOL

Tell me he isn't a chip off the old block!

I wish he would wear a tie.

He's lucky to have a suit and tie job. Clean, inside work with no heavy lifting!

i didn't think you could get worse than doug's smile, but man, mikey looks like he's asking us if there's something in his teeth.

i dunno... every native torontonian i've met says t'ronno.

I always thought most people pronounced it Toronno (except the T'ronno hosers) I've also heard Tronto, but they may have been born outside the cuh-myoon-dee. Of course anyone who enunciates all three syllables as such - Tor-RON-to - is a total tourist. :)

Then there's the Kings pronunciation (rhymes with Donna) :D https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxkjvKBPQjo

Last edited:
He's lucky to have a suit and tie job. Clean, inside work with no heavy lifting!

Take a closer look at that paunch.

I always thought most people pronounced it Toronno (except the T'ronno hosers) I've also heard Tronto, but they may have been born outside the cuh-myoon-dee. Of course anyone who enunciates all three syllables as such - Tor-RON-to - is a total tourist. :)
I grew up here, moved away for a while and am now back. I've always pronounced it with all three syllables, but then again, I'm a language and grammar nerd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back