672     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 643     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 286     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or else he really is using it ironically, and he doesn't give a damn about anyone but his screwed up family.

Does he really care about his family? He's used his children as human shields when the heat gets a bit hot. He has people associated with drugs be around his home and kids. I heard he was seen with child car seat in the back as he was on the phone while driving (not confirmed if there was actually a kid in the seat) and has swore and freaked out on the phone in front of his kid. Has used his kids to make himself a victim or slander/exaggerate a situation. Has disgraced his family name for the next generation

The worst "my heart bleeds" situation had to be the young child who got hit by a car and any discussion of lowering the speed limit is a complete no-no "war on car" bs. Who cares if public safety officials saying lowering the speed limit will save lives. He needs to make good time to get home. That crack will not smoke itself.

I've never seen a man who has so much self-pity, but doesn't give a sh*t about anybody else.

This has been driving me crazy for awhile. Several times Rob has used the expression "my heart bleeds for .....", and I've always thought it was to be used ironically. He used it again yesterday, so I looked it up and I was right. Once again Rob is misusing another expression.

Don PeatVerified account
‏@reporterdonpeat
RT @MaryamSun1 "My heart just bleeds for these people, that's a major tragedy" Rob Ford on VELD music festival deaths

“I admit my heart bleeds for Doug Holyday for sure but you have to hand it to Peter who won fair and square. I am really hoping Doug will now come back and run for council again. We need him on there.” Toronto Sun June 13/2014

“My heart bleeds for them when someone gets killed. But it's their own fault at the end of the day.” On fatally injured cyclists, March 7, 2007 ...NOW

“I don’t know how I would carry on if I lost my daughter,” Ford said. “My heart bleeds for this family and any other family that have lost a loved one, especially a child.” Toronto Sun July 17/2014

Thank you, I feel better now.

I think this fits the definition of dramatic irony: "A literary technique, originally used in Greek tragedy, by which the full significance of a character’s words or actions is clear to the audience or reader although unknown to the character."
http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/irony

I do have to say - catching Soks on CP24 this morning talk about the Police budget was like a breath of fresh air. If Ford really begins to tank I'd like to give him my vote. If Ford wasn't running he'd absolutely have my vote.

https://vine.co/v/M93AYUaeJKW

Rob is "touring" an electronics recycling plant today.

Why? What is he even doing? Wearing a shiny new hard hat and peeking in boxes.

It's amazing how 6 seconds of video can perfectly capture his aimless, pointless existence, and enrage me this much.

I've read that many of the characteristics cross over, the main difference being that a psychopath is more inclined to serious crime, murder, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back