News   Jul 18, 2024
 1.1K     2 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 1K     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rob and Renata Ford: A Valentine’s Day Feature

The Fords seem to live a rather average middle class life in their Etobicoke bungalow, which Toronto Life magazine reported had “worn floors and a popcorn-finish stucco ceiling.†This is interesting since the Ford family is rather wealthy and Rob and Renata Ford are worth a reported $50 million dollars.

[...]

It’s well-known that Ford tries to personally return every constituent’s phone call to him. Many Toronto residents have his personal cell phone number. One source noted that these call-backs amounted on average to 54 calls per day! In the summer of 2013, it was reported that Renata helps Rob return constituent calls introducing herself as “Rob’s wife†and fielding questions. She does this even on weekends

http://amillionmatches.ca/rob-renata-ford-valentines-day-feature/

From the Esquire article - so this is what Doug Ford is up to:

Doug Ford will not be returning to the council. He plans to run for a provincial seat, for which elections will likely come this summer, and from which he will try to legislate fundamental changes to Toronto’s municipal government: a smaller council, and a strong-mayor system more like Chicago’s, like New York’s. Soon after, if all goes according to the Ford family plan, the mayor will be returned triumphantly to his office. The polls remain divided, but most show that he maintains a decent statistical chance of victory. Certain of his supporters have remained loyal, and they always will. “People bring up stuff twelve or thirteen years ago that I did for ’em,†he says. “I’ve done a lot of things and I don’t even remember doing it, but to them—they couldn’t believe that I’d actually come to their front door.†No mayor has been in more living rooms.

Last edited:
From the Esquire article - so this is what Doug Ford is up to:

Doug Ford will not be returning to the council. He plans to run for a provincial seat, for which elections will likely come this summer, and from which he will try to legislate fundamental changes to Toronto’s municipal government: a smaller council, and a strong-mayor system more like Chicago’s, like New York’s. Soon after, if all goes according to the Ford family plan, the mayor will be returned triumphantly to his office. The polls remain divided, but most show that he maintains a decent statistical chance of victory. Certain of his supporters have remained loyal, and they always will. “People bring up stuff twelve or thirteen years ago that I did for ’em,” he says. “I’ve done a lot of things and I don’t even remember doing it, but to them—they couldn’t believe that I’d actually come to their front door.” No mayor has been in more living rooms.

So Dug's gambit into Provincial politics is to reform the City of Toronto Act and through ward re-alignment get Ford Nation to backstop the return of a Ford to office where they can dictate who runs the TPS, the TTC, hand out contracts, dictate zoning etc....

FREAKIN SCARY!!!!

So Dug's gambit into Provincial politics is to reform the City of Toronto Act and through ward re-alignment get Ford Nation to backstop the return of a Ford to office where they can dictate who runs the TPS, the TTC, hand out contracts, dictate zoning etc....

FREAKIN SCARY!!!!

Not Doug's plan!

Doug's BIG BOSSES' plan!

Whomever runs against him has got to use his record against him in a positive not nasty way, so that it doesn't look like he is being picked on. They have to ask voters if they are better off now after three + years under Ford. Are they getting to work faster and more safely? Are seniors and low income people in better managed , well maintained housing? Are they able to easily access recreation centers and zoos and parks? Are their taxes better? Do they have more money now? Also they have to point out that it is still Rob's budget

Ford's only reasons for going to the Ottawa Mayor's conference (for the first time) is to make it look like he plays with the big boys, and to make it sound like he has an infrastructure vision. Love how he mentions building a downtown relief line like it was part of his plan all along.

What a transparent worm.

He's never gone to these before. Is he even invited? Shouldn't Kelly be going?

Whomever runs against him should reframe the conversation, like LRT, instead of the notion that they are "fancy street cars" they could call it the Skytrain an above ground type of subway that is cheaper to build, maintain and doesn't impede traffic.
Rob has said that he stopped the Gravy train, but service and satisfaction are worse, there was no gravy, he essentially added more problems. I think whomever runs against him should point out that he has turned the city into a buffet. All his friends are at the table eating up all the good stuff and now all there are is leftovers.
He is a wounded animal and very dangerous, his opponents need to be smarter and quicker

Last edited:
A good add would be to show rob on a his "gravy train" making frequent stops ( his blunders and personal life getting in the way) also showing Doug handing out money to people as they go back into their run down homes and in the background showing a city with damaged by his cuts to budget

That's the description they gave cops (and people in private). I know at least the CBC reported it already. Don't think it was an ex-player. The description said the guy looked around 35-40. But then again it could've just been an old-looking guy in his 20s.

i can`t find that description anywhere, not even the cbc. but, the way giroux talks about it makes me think they have an idea of who it was...

Asked whether police have suspects in the May 21 home invasion, Det. Sgt. Giroux said: “Nothing I can comment on.â€

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...of-home-linked-to-ford-video/article16874465/

A good add would be to show rob on a his "gravy train" making frequent stops ( his blunders and personal life getting in the way) also showing Doug handing out money to people as they go back into their run down homes and in the background showing a city with damaged by his cuts to budget
Also why is he still getting all these calls if he is doing a good job? They could use this against him in an add too, that his personal life is getting in the way and that he can't keep up.

So the Sun has details of the second tape, including sources presumably in the TPS who are trying to position the crack tape as entrapment by a dealer.

“What was his purpose in creating this video? That’s the million-dollar question? Was he thinking this would be his get-out-of-jail free card or to keep the police away from him? Or is he just looking at selling it (to a media outlet as he tried with the Star and Gawker) or just blackmailing Ford?” asked the other source.

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/02/13/details-of-second-video-in-rob-ford-crack-scandal-revealed

Last edited:
Breaking: The Second Tape

Earlier this week, I received notice about the contents of the "second tape". A respected judge is on it allegedly consuming drugs.

The net is getting wider and it justifies the resources the police and the Crown are expending on this case.

To that point, I've also received confirmation that the prominent sportscaster that has been discussed has been confirmed as a client along with several hockey players and well connected figures.

Not only is Ford going down but so are a bunch of others with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back