285     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 1.1K     2 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 1K     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tough case for police when the "victims" are also criminals with no love for the police. I'm guessing the only person offering any help is Elena and Fab's mom. She was there when that big black dude broke into their house. I heard Ford has still tried to reach out to the Bassos on occasion to try to bring them back on his side so they don't cooperate with police. The old saying, keep your friends close, enemies closer.

how do you know it was a "big black dude"? has that been reported anywhere or is it "inside knowledge" you have?

and, am i the only one that has jerry agyemang as the first guy to pop into their heads when they hear of a big black dude that would be muscle for ford?

Tough case for police when the "victims" are also criminals with no love for the police. I'm guessing the only person offering any help is Elena and Fab's mom. She was there when that big black dude broke into their house. I heard Ford has still tried to reach out to the Bassos on occasion to try to bring them back on his side so they don't cooperate with police. The old saying, keep your friends close, enemies closer.

Ummm. Was that in the ITO?

how do you know it was a "big black dude"? has that been reported anywhere or is it "inside knowledge" you have?

and, am i the only one that has jerry agyemang as the first guy to pop into their heads when they hear of a big black dude that would be muscle for ford?

That is what I instantly thought too BUT I highly doubt he would be at the Mayors' side if he could potentially be implicated in THAT particular event. Hiding in plain site and implicating the Mayor so closely would be terribly stupid.... Then again look who we are talking about.

Rob Ford again discloses confidential information

Mayor Rob Ford has again committed a likely breach of city rules by publicly discussing confidential matters — though his target says he didn't have his facts straight.

[...]

"There was no vote to either get rid of or keep Mr. Jones," Augimeri said. She added: "An indignity has been done to me by this mayor. Again."

Board chair Bud Purves wouldn't say what happened at the meeting. But he said the board "will need to look into" Ford's comment.

"We are not sure how any information about confidential in camera board meetings is being released to the public," Purves said.

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/4368445-rob-ford-again-discloses-confidential-information/

The ex-Bosco football player that beat MacIntyre up was there in the jailhouse as a result of a home invasion. Obviously not 15 Windsor or we would have heard about it, but maybe there was another ex-player that was willing to do that for Ford? Then again, I've always been under the assumption that it was Lisi that entered the house.

Last edited:
The ex-Bosco football player that beat MacIntyre up was there in the jailhouse as a result of a home invasion. Obviously not 15 Windsor or we would have heard about it, but maybe there was another ex-player that was willing to do that for Ford? Then again, I've always been under the assumption that it was Lisi that entered the house.

Didn't the MacIntyre beating happen a year prior to all the crack video, home invasion craziness anyway?

Rob Ford paying his own way to the mayor's conference in Ottawa.

From Toronto Sun, at this link:

Mayor Rob Ford is going to Ottawa. For first time, the embattled mayor is going to the Big City Mayors’ Caucus and he’s hoping to come back with infrastructure cash.

Ford has shunned the gathering throughout his time in the mayor’s office and spent years criticizing councillors for attending any Federation of Canadian Municipalities conferences.

In the wake of the federal government announcing the new Building Canada Plan, Ford said he’ll be fighting to ensure “Toronto receives its fair share of this funding.â€

“When I go to the Big Cities meeting in Ottawa in a couple of weeks, I’m going to ask for money for housing, I’m going to ask for subway money — infrastructure money,†Ford said.

“You know I want to build the Sheppard line, the Finch line, the (downtown relief line). You know we have a huge housing backlog. You know we need money for bridges, roads, infrastructure. That’s the money I’ll be asking for.â€

The mayor argued Toronto is “unique to other major cities.

“I will be at the table asking for that money and I’ll be leading the charge there,†he said.

He made it clear Thursday he’ll be paying his own way when he goes to the caucus at the end of the month.

“I’m not going to use taxpayers’ money,†he said.

Asked why he’s going to the meeting now, Ford shrugged.

“We need money, that’s what we need,†he said.

Back in 2011, Ford balked at councillors complaining about him shunning FCM and the Big City Mayors’ Caucus.

Ford said at the time that he wasn’t elected to “fly around the world.â€

So only millionaires need to run for mayor or councillor? If you work for someone else, you cannot be on city council because you'll dare to use an expense account?

Rob Ford paying his own way to the mayor's conference in Ottawa.

Doesn't travel come out of his office budget, or am I mistaken? If so, I don't think he could use City money even if he wanted to. His budget has been cut so much he had to get rid of most of his staff, and the ones that are left are probably getting paid more than a similar position for any other politician would pay...

Ford's only reasons for going to the Ottawa Mayor's conference (for the first time) is to make it look like he plays with the big boys, and to make it sound like he has an infrastructure vision. Love how he mentions building a downtown relief line like it was part of his plan all along.

What a transparent worm.

Ford's only reasons for going to the Ottawa Mayor's conference (for the first time) is to make it look like he plays with the big boys, and to make it sound like he has an infrastructure vision. Love how he mentions building a downtown relief line like it was part of his plan all along.

What a transparent worm.

He's really going to meet the youth vote at Ottawa's fine establishments. Expect to find him at D'Arcy McGee's.

The mayor argued Toronto is “unique to other major cities".

The rest of Canada likes to accuse Torontonians of having a "centre of the universe" attitude and inflated self-importance. Last thing we need is this idiot mayor to represent us in this manner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back