4.8K     6 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 2K     3 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 686     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
To accept Rob Ford's versions of events over those of Daniel Dale and the police is supporting him. Rob is a know liar. A shameful, loathsome prevaricator.

sure... Is this still true?

Let me put it this way- A.B.C. "Anyone But Chow"

She made be a better human being than Ford but she would make an absolutely horrific mayor of Toronto. I would campaign heavily against her on behalf of her strongest opponent, whoever that may be.

Here's the best I can find. Unless I'm not looking at it right (which is possible) the block situation looks like it changed.

Have a look at this photo from the night of the incident. One block.
http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/06/01/toronto-mayor-rob-ford-can-not-buy-slice-of-land-next-to-his-home-conservation-authority-rules/

Not watch this video from the next day. Go to about 0:27 seconds in. Two blocks. One stacked on top of the other.
http://toronto.ctvnews.ca/reporter-denies-toronto-mayor-s-trespass-accusation-1.804337

Oh man. Ford is certifiable. What a seriously deranged person.

So apparently the next headline will be "Crackhead mayor calls reporter 'pedophile.'"
Let's also just say what a lot of us, including pro-Ford people already know... that Daniel Dale is a gay male. I bring this up only because equating homosexuality and pedophilia is something that Ford likely feels is to his advantage here. What it actually does (for me at least) is confirm him to be one of the most vile humans I've ever come across.

Let's also just say what a lot of us, including pro-Ford people already know... that Daniel Dale is a gay male. I bring this up only because equating homosexuality and pedophilia is something that Ford likely feels is to his advantage here. What it actually does (for me at least) is confirm him to be one of the most vile humans I've ever come across.

Is he? Didn't know that until you brought it up. Yeah, accusation of pedophilia definitely got an even more sinister bent with that bit of extra info.

AoD

I did not know that - but I've only been interested in Dale's fantastic reporting (well, the three Ds at the Star - Dale, Doolittle, Donovan). But it does add more context to this nasty vindictive grudge that Ford has towards the Star in general and Dale in particular.

Good to note the particularly ugly subtext here. This man...this man. That twenty percent of this city supports him, and likely a far higher percentage outside city limits, reminds me of what a horrible place Ontario really is, behind the Victorian morality and aging loyalism.

Was just going to offer the same sentiment. I wasn't aware of that either but it certainly explains why they tend to single out Daniel Dale specifically and everyone is just lumped together as the media monolith that is out to destroy them. He really is loathsome. What a sad pathetic man.

I could have sworn Dale held a presser following the ravine/house confrontation while standing next to his girlfriend. Perhaps it was just his friend or sister. Regardless, Ford has absolutely no credibility in accusing others of wrongdoing.

I could have sworn Dale held a presser following the ravine/house confrontation while standing next to his girlfriend. Perhaps it was just his friend or sister. Regardless, Ford has absolutely no credibility in accusing others of wrongdoing.
Hmmm, maybe I jumped the gun here, but I was told by a friend that he was gay many months back and I've read a lot of pro-Ford comments calling him a "fag" consistently. I'm checking with a source at Xtra and will let you know more when I get confirmation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back