4.8K     6 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 2K     3 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 686     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
This indicates one of two possibilities. The Star either sent Vision a boilerplate Cease and Desist letter to just nuke the show, but won't take further legal action. Or the Star has already informed them they are planning to sue.

Maybe I missed it, but the Star's coverage of the Black interview seems light compared to some of the other papers. To my mind, that suggests they are taking a very serious look at their legal options.

Hmmm, maybe I jumped the gun here, but I was told by a friend that he was gay many months back and I've read a lot of pro-Ford comments calling him a "fag" consistently. I'm checking with a source at Xtra and will let you know more when I get confirmation.
OK, already heard back... The answer is many have assumed he was, but there's also chatter that he dates woman. He's not stated publically to anyone's knowledge, so I thereby retract my earlier statement regarding Daniel Dale vis-a-vis the Mayor.

My dental hygienist tells me that people with poor oral hygiene usually have other health issues as well, and people with good oral hygiene generally don't. It has to do with overall self-care, healthy lifestyle, etc. At this point it's pretty clear that Rob's self-care is quite bad. Yellow teeth are just part of the package.

That said, people who want a career in the public spotlight usually get their teeth spiffed up. Why didn't Rob? Skewed self-perception, probably.

Rob Ford's teeth look a lot different in his high school photo. Larger, more even, no gaps. Whatever the cause, it's from adulthood not childhood.

ford-rob25fo1.jpg

Attachments

• ford-rob25fo1.jpg
    ford-rob25fo1.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 791
Toronto Star: Ford should apologize to Star reporter, deputy mayor says

Mayor Rob Ford should apologize to Toronto Star reporter Daniel Dale for his “beyond the pale” comments in an interview with Conrad Black, Deputy Mayor Norm Kelly said.

“Again, it fits into a pattern that changes the focus from him to someone else and in this instance, it goes beyond the pale and I think there should be an apology for that,” Kelly told reporters in a city hall scrum on Tuesday.

“Daniel Dale is in my backyard taking pictures. I have little kids,” Ford told Black on a taped interview that aired on Vision TV Monday night.

“He’s taking pictures of little kids. I don’t want to say that word but you start thinking what this guy is all about.”

The mayor laughed as he said, “Lucky he fled on foot because I was upset, because that’s just crossing the line.”

Ford called police and said surveillance cameras at his home captured Dale’s head “bobbing up and down” over his backyard fence. Ford and his brother, Councillor Doug Ford, said Dale was a “peeping Tom” who was “in my backyard,” “lurking in the bushes,” “standing on cinder blocks” and “taking pictures of my kids and family.”

After a week-long investigation which included a review of the surveillance camera footage, police filed no charges against Dale, saying there was no evidence the reporter was on the mayor’s property or looked over the fence.

Nor were there photos or videos on the BlackBerry Dale dropped as he ran from Ford, police said.

Let me put it this way- A.B.C. "Anyone But Chow"

She made be a better human being than Ford but she would make an absolutely horrific mayor of Toronto. I would campaign heavily against her on behalf of her strongest opponent, whoever that may be.

A sock puppet would make a better mayor than Ford.

The main thing about public systems like we have or the UK, France etc. is that you don't live in abject fear of expensive or chronic illness. The psychological weight of that among even well insured Americans is immense. Once you have a pre existing condition you are one layoff from unaffordable insurance or being flat out refused coverage.

The spectre of a big medical issue hangs over Americans like the sword of Damocles.

one of the most disgusting things i learned a couple of years ago about medical insurance in the states... if you are born with something, it's seen as a pre-exisiting condition, so you aren't covered! how backwards is that?!?

That photo from the 2012 National Post story probably confirms the "fact" claimed by many Ford supporters that Dale was in the area at sundown / after dark. He was there an hour or more before sunset, but the picture taken several hours later looks dark and spooky. Score one for the reptilian brain and the lie that won't die.

OT: We really shouldn't gloat too much about how much more superior our healthcare system though - US is the lowest denominator comparator in the OECD. Let me throw something out for you - if you have a medical condition and it requires medication or home care, you aren't necessarily covered - and if anything happens due to the lack of the formentioned, you'd end up back in acute care at 10x or more of the cost - to the government. How backwards is THAT?

AoD

Only that's not what happened. Ford barrelled into her, knocking her over but holding onto her like some prop, before she hit the floor. The only reason he held her up, and you can see this in the video, is because he had no choice. She was in his way. If he could have tossed her aside, he would have. He ran through City Hall like a stupid teenage frat boy running through crowds of 'taxpayers' to assist his equally horrible brother in a fight against 'taxpayers'. She is small, elderly and frail. He has a good 200 pounds on her. You ever get rammed by a 350 pound man?

she doesn't look that old and frail to me. how old is she?

Whew. I was away with minimal internet access for a while -- that makes for a lot of reading! I was kind of hoping to find out Ford had been arrested or left town, but no such luck. The worst part about travelling was having to listen to the Ford jokes everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back