News   Jun 28, 2024
 2K     3 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 684     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get over yourself, Marcus Gee.

Invading the man's private family time is not acceptable, crack user or otherwise.

Daniel Dale was in a public park in daylight hours, and Ford's property backs onto that park. He had every legal right to be in the park. The police confirmed Dales' version of the story; he was investigating the park because of a request by Ford to purchase the park land for his personal use. Ford was probably wasted that night too, and as per usual couldn't keep his story straight.

My dental hygienist tells me that people with poor oral hygiene usually have other health issues as well, and people with good oral hygiene generally don't. It has to do with overall self-care, healthy lifestyle, etc. At this point it's pretty clear that Rob's self-care is quite bad. Yellow teeth are just part of the package.

That said, people who want a career in the public spotlight usually get their teeth spiffed up. Why didn't Rob? Skewed self-perception, probably.

Yellow teeth is least of his health problem, considering his other vices.

AoD

doady:

Haha, perhaps we should tie salary to hours worked instead - and yes, it would meant monitoring what "constituent meetings" actually meant.

AoD

Invading the man's private family time is not acceptable, crack user or otherwise.

Enjoy the strawman, Ford supporter.

BTW, will someone (who isn't already proudly blocked) call this guy a "Ford supporter"? He seems to go away for a while when you do that.

Yes. Also, how does she have time for anything else other than putting two dozen hashtags on every picture?

I really do get the impression the only thing going on in her life is her modish obsession with 'clean eating', which seems ironically named in that her food photos look like, well, filth.

Yeah the food pictures are over the top and quite gross. In her write-up at the top she describes herself as "clean", which makes me chuckle because that is a term one would apply to an ex-addict. In fact, that's what I thought she meant by it, that she was a reformed drug user. But maybe given the food obsession, "clean" is some sort of nutrition-fad word.

Daniel Dale was in a public park in daylight hours, and Ford's property backs onto that park. He had every legal right to be in the park. The police confirmed Dales' version of the story; he was investigating the park because of a request by Ford to purchase the park land for his personal use. Ford was probably wasted that night too, and as per usual couldn't keep his story straight.

In some stories I read that there was evidence that cinder blocks had been moved, by Ford, during the night to make it look like Daniel Dale had stacked them up to stand on while "paeping". Did they mean that they caught this on video? Because that's kind of huge, in a Public Mischief kind of way. And yet it hasn't been given much attention - why not?

I recall there was a photo from the scene earlier but after Dale left where the blocks were far apart, but then when television cameras came later the blocks were stacked and Ford claimed Dale was standing on them.

Yep I think that's correct. Pictures of the scene that evening in the dark showed the blocks not stacked up against the fence. Next day when Rob gave his victim-tour for the media there was a picture in the National Post showing them stacked up against the fence.

This is an accurate statement, except it doesn't pertain to the topic at hand, since Dale did not invade Ford's private family time. By all accounts Ford's neighbour invaded Ford's private time to alert him to Dale's presence in the adjacent park, which was the subject of Dale's story; not Ford's children.

I think I have a better case accusing the bottle guys who go through my recycling of interrupting my "family time", they're at least on my driveway, and violating a bylaw. (I do not have any issue with the bottle guys, just an example)

Dale was there gathering information to serve public interests. Ford was underhandedly attempting to use his position as mayor to acquire public park land for his personal gain. This is shameless and flagrant corruption. How can you so blindly defend and support Ford in this?!

Yep I think that's correct. Pictures of the scene that evening in the dark showed the blocks not stacked up against the fence. Next day when Rob gave his victim-tour for the media there was a picture in the National Post showing them stacked up against the fence.

If this is true, that is some seriously slimy shit.

If this is true, that is some seriously slimy shit.

Here's the best I can find. Unless I'm not looking at it right (which is possible) the block situation looks like it changed.

Have a look at this photo from the night of the incident. One block.
http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/06/01/toronto-mayor-rob-ford-can-not-buy-slice-of-land-next-to-his-home-conservation-authority-rules/

Not watch this video from the next day. Go to about 0:27 seconds in. Two blocks. One stacked on top of the other.
http://toronto.ctvnews.ca/reporter-denies-toronto-mayor-s-trespass-accusation-1.804337

Enjoy the strawman, Ford supporter.

BTW, will someone (who isn't already proudly blocked) call this guy a "Ford supporter"? He seems to go away for a while when you do that.

I am not a Ford supporter. You are an ignorant person.

Edit: I saw you are already on my ignore list when I logged in. Carry on with your venomous rants vox. I won't notice them. Hate away!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back