607     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 281     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tomorrows Toronto Star cover

BVn1-cLCcAAzSyf.jpg:large

I can't see this "One Toronto" approach working either, especially if it's something that aims to win with a warm Liberal Party dose of multicultural diversity, looks ad agency produced and focus-grouped, and gets praised for its message by the CBC, NOW, the Star, and the Twittersphere. Too much potential for those sympathetic to Ford's message to see "One Toronto" as the downtown elite asking the taxpayers to step back into line, quit acting uppity and adopt our proper tasteful values of tolerance and diversity.

Anyone good with video? Here's an idea for a grassroots negative campaign for Youtube:

Find a few examples of Ford saying "Anything else?"

Find a few examples of Ford running from the media, including the time he walks into the camera.

Then, using a combination of text and pictures, begin the retelling of all the Ford scandals, from the simple and stupid like the time he gave the finger to the mother in the next car, to the serious and dangerous, like the drunk driving or the associations with criminals.

You can also throw in there a few direct questions that Ford has never answered like, "MAYOR FORD, WHAT IS YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH THESE THREE INDIVIDUALS, ONE LATER MURDERED, THE OTHER TWO ARRESTED?" or "MAYOR FORD, HAD YOU BEEN DRINKING BEFORE YOU DROVE YOURSELF TO THE TASTE OF THE DANFORTH?" or "MAYOR FORD, IS IT NOT GRAVY WHEN YOUR OFFICE STAFFERS SPEND CITY RESOURCES TO ASSIST YOUR FOOTBALL TEAM?" or "MAYOR FORD, WHAT DOES LONG-TIME FAMILY FRIEND DAVE PRICE DO IN YOUR OFFICE AND IS THIS WORTH $130,000 A YEAR SALARY?".

Between each Ford scandal or episode cut to him once again asking "Anything else?", so that it seems like he's asking for just what more he could have possibly done. The idea is to illustrate just how never-ending Ford screw-ups and scandals have been, will continue to be, and how significant and serious some of them have been.

Throw in the shots of him hiding and running from the media, making them more frequent as the video progresses.

About a week back Metroman said that the Chow campaign will be leaving the dirty smear campaign to third parties.

It never ceases to amaze me how quickly the leftists are always immediately jumping to divisive partisan hate politics. They preach about positivity and "One Toronto" but they're the first ones diving into the mud to do hatchet jobs and smear hardworking men like Rob Ford.

How is this a left/right issue? If this were David Miller you know that we'd see the same thing from the right.

Furthermore, there is no smear campaign going on. The media are simply doing their jobs and reporting the facts and evidence. If Ford didn't hang around gangbangers, wife beaters, drug dealers and (allegedly) smoke cocaine, there would be nothing to smear with him.

If there is an anti-Ford smear campaign, it's being run by Ford himself. Simple as that.

If you watched the press conference, you notice how the spineless professional maggots operate.

Rob Ford was trying to get to Austin to bring more jobs back to Toronto but instead of reporting on the jobs or chasing after the real waste at City Hall like a $75,000 chair or unacceptable parking expenses, they went to his house to stalk his family, stalk his kids and stalk his friends. Absolutely no class.

They should be asking why the leftists at City Hall aren't going out and doing the same thing to build bridges with the private sector to drum up more business and more jobs for Toronto.

Just like he went to Chicago to bring jobs to Toronto? I have yet to see a single new job or policy change from that trip.

Or to Winnipeg to have a "meeting" with the mayor (he went to watch a football game)

Just like he went to Chicago to bring jobs to Toronto? I have yet to see a single new job or policy change from that trip.

Or to Winnipeg to have a "meeting" with the mayor (he went to watch a football game)

Yep, MISTER "I don't miss a day of work", or "I'm always ready to serve Toronto" is always ready to go on a "working vacation" to serve his city.

No wonder he flopped at working at Deco, and college, being an elected official...

Joe Warmington weighs in on this latest scandal with this hard-hitting article ;-)

Still no evidence Ford has done anything illegal

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/10/02/still-no-evidence-ford-has-done-anything-illegal

As with other reporters - Warmington also pushes the narrative that Detective Giroux is the "best there is" on the force which is why he was chosen.

It’s understandable when you see highly-skilled, 15-year homicide man Det.-Sgt. Gary Giroux handling the arrest of Ford pal Sandro Lisi.

Why him?

I put the question to Const. Wendy Drummond.

“You are right, it is due to his expertise and skill,” she said of Giroux.

Remember Gary just recently made an arrest in a homicide case with two female victims and now has a man before the courts on first-degree murder charges.

If Giroux is so great a detective he should have caught the killer before he had a chance to murder the second Eritrean woman who was a coworker of the first murder victim! Is this what is considered outstanding detective work on the Toronto Police Force?

Warmington made himself look especially pathetic with this comment:

If something happens, we will cover it.

Either way, the mayor will always have an opportunity to tell his side of things in my column.

Ford had a chance to tell his side of things this morning when Joe Warmington got him on the phone. The Mayor told him politely he had to run and then hung up.

Bonus picture: Rob Ford at Pearson Airport this afternoon running to catch his plane to Austin http://instagram.com/p/e-mCZ7PcRr/

Last edited:
The TD Centre was never owned by the Bronfman family. Phyllis Lambert (ne Bronfman) was influential in advising TD to choose Mies (her husband was chair of the TD board), but the TD centre was never owned by the family.

Well, it was 50% owned by TD (with the already mentioned Bronfman tie in, although Phyllis was Allen's sister in law, not his wife), and the other 50% was owned by the developer....The Fairview Corp, which was the real estate division of CEMP Investments, the holding company of the Bronfman family. Cadillac & Fairview merged in 1974. The Bronfmans sold their controlling interest in CF in 1986.

I believe that the chairs are not replica's as Mies was very intent on ensuring the purity of his visions even after he died. I believe there are stipulations on the number and size of the Poinsetta's for example.

The banking pavilion is where all these original Mies-stipulated details are maintained, but that is only because it is managed by TD Bank, which obviously choose to maintain them. The rest of the common areas of the complex, which also had very specific Mies-stipulated details, have been completely bastardized. Cadillac Fairview will ruin TD Centre as easily as they ruined the Eaton Centre...because they don't know any better, and don't care anyway. Phyllis Lambert, Allan Lambert, the Bronfmans...all cared about these things. The Teachers Pension Fund don't give two sh*ts about design.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back