426     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 483     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 266     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, what is the point in holding these hackneyed press conferences? He never answers a question directly. Why even waste everyone's time? The outcome is so predictable.

Honestly, what is the point in holding these hackneyed press conferences? He never answers a question directly. Why even waste everyone's time? The outcome is so predictable.

I know, I can't believe I actually watched it live. Waste of my time.

Please tell me this is enough to squash all the insinuation about there being "other reasons" for Giroux to be on the case.

That article also brings up a good point: Lisi was under surveillance which led to his arrest last night. Given that Ford was interacting with Lisi so often, the police no doubt have recorded their communications together. That brings us to the tip I reported some time ago which allegedly has Ford on a wiretap soliciting drugs. The pieces of the puzzle are snapping right into place.

I can't imagine it'll be long before Ford himself is taken into custody. With all the alleged dirt the cops already have on him, one is led to believe that they haven't arrested him on solicitation or obstruction because they're after a bigger catch. Ford has to be inhibited by some real serious form of mental retardation to be able to live day to day and not worry that the cops are going to be dragging him across the lawn in his underwear sooner or later.

I think it's all part of his strategy for dealing with the media. He'll hold these scrums once in awhile and give half-assed answers. Then when he makes an announcement or a presentation about something at another time (for example, the unveiling of the painting of him) and media shout questions, questions that he still doesn't really answer, he'll simply walk away and his press secretary will step in and say "it's rude to ask questions, that's enough. This isn't a press conference". That's how they make the media the enemy.

^
well, i really hope he's not in his tighty whities when the day finally comes. i hope he has time to at least grab his housecoat, because that's a visual we can all do without.

I can't imagine it'll be long before Ford himself is taken into custody. With all the alleged dirt the cops already have on him, one is led to believe that they haven't arrested him on solicitation or obstruction because they're after a bigger catch. Ford has to be inhibited by some real serious form of mental retardation to be able to live day to day and not worry that the cops are going to be dragging him across the lawn in his underwear sooner or later.

I really don't understand how Ford does it. He knows the walls are rapidly caving in on him. Any day could be the one where he's taken down. It must be a life of fear. And the worst part about it is that he's bringing of the city along for the ride. But I suppose the drugs & gangs types are used to this life.

Last edited:
At 9pm Jonathan Goldsbie and Sue-Ann Levy will be on Rogers TV to discuss politics in Toronto. Should be an interesting hour of television.

That article also brings up a good point: Lisi was under surveillance which led to his arrest last night. Given that Ford was interacting with Lisi so often, the police no doubt have recorded their communications together. That brings us to the tip I reported some time ago which allegedly has Ford on a wiretap soliciting drugs. The pieces of the puzzle are snapping right into place.

If they only have him soliciting pot, an arrest would be highly unlikely. If it's for obstruction of justice or something more significant then he's in trouble. If he does get arrested one assumes it would be negotiated with his lawyer and settled away from the cameras. No way the cops are going risk a perp walk on a sitting politician.

There's also the distinct possibility that charges will be laid by the OPP to avoid conflict of interest. In Montreal all of the arrests have been made by the SQ, but those were provincial investigations from the get-go.

Gotta love the pic that the NP used on their Ford presser story. Someone in the photo department has a good sense of humour...

You mean with On The Run in the background? (It's a little odd that Rob had the presser after Doug mentioned that he would be on the plane to Austin this morning).

Also, anyone know who the guy giving the finger in the last photo is?

I don't know who that is but I was watching live on CP24 as the media were chasing them around and as they sped away in the cab the mystery guy stuck his head out the window and did some sort of sign with his hands. Not sure what it meant. It was something similar to this: http://static.ddmcdn.com/gif/street-gang-4-c.jpg which apparently is a sign for the gang Bloods. I'm not insinuating anything. Maybe this mystery person was just a poser.

Last edited:
That's assuming it was only pot. Besides, that's still illegal.

True, but arrests for simply possessing or soliciting for pot are pretty rare. They generally get tacked on to some other charge (traffic violation, assault etc...) but the courts won't bother with someone who's just trying to buy a joint. Distributing pot is another matter entirely, as is possessing the harder stuff.

the courts won't bother with someone who's just trying to buy a joint..
Perhaps that's the reason why he's visited Lisi up to 4 times in a week. He's getting a joint from him every time rather than a quarter ounce or whatever. And if he is buying coke maybe it's just a tiny amount, a night's worth of the stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back