728     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 669     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 297     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the Star has a public position that there is no video in Police hands, and that's consistent with what I heard a month ago. Ignoring irrelevant non-sources like Kinsella, can you support your position with additional context? Interested to know more.

The video may not be in police hands because it was transferred over to the prosecutor. Several people in the legal community have either seen it and/or had it in their possession as recently as August. Then there are -- according to the wording of how it was described to me -- at least a plural number of people within the seller's circle who's hands the video passed through and who had an opportunity to copy it. I'm not sure how it's been able to have avoided leaking for so long but I'm confident that it will at some point. Perhaps not while the case is still hot.

What I do know is that while desirable, Ford's political future doesn't depend on it being made public. There are bigger opportunities to take him down and the gears are indeed turning. At this point, I just want him to make it to the election so he can be defeated by the people.

What I do know is that while desirable, Ford's political future doesn't depend on it being made public. There are bigger opportunities to take him down and the gears are indeed turning. At this point, I just want him to make it to the election so he can be defeated by the people.

That's my ideal scenario. His gets arrested just days after the final printed ballot and he places 23rd out of 25th, just edging out the token Neo-Nazi and Extraterrestrial-rights pole bearers.

Last edited:
Toronto Star or whoever has the video has until December 31 2013 to release it.

if the video gets released during the election campaign. Rob Ford will stroll to re-election. One thing people hate more than dirty politicians is the media/outside players thwarting the election process.

if the video gets released during the election campaign. Rob Ford will stroll to re-election. One thing people hate more than dirty politicians is the media/outside players thwarting the election process.

If there's more conjecture without *concrete proof* then yes. However, if the video is released even a week before the election Ford's career is over. The former happened with Jack Layton over massage-gate. The latter, well, there is no precedent for the sheer scale of the allegations, but recall Romney's infamous "47% speech." A speech, that in retrospect, should have come to no one's surprise, but was considered scandalous and clouded his campaign until the bitter end. The release of the Ford video would elicit a response 100x that of Romney.

Last edited:
Has anyone seen the video of Lisi being followed by reporters when he left the court today? He literally walked in a circle back to the front doors of the court, and then meandered all over the place with no specific destination. So weird.

Ugh, what about rabidly pro-Harper CTV and Mike Duffy going gaga over the infamous video with that horrible CTV interviewer with Stephane Dion back in 2008? And that was during a short 28 day election campaign. That video, and the MSM's right-leaning stance in general (Toronto Star, CBC and a few independant outlets notwithstanding), helped Harper quite a bit and helped sink Dion.

If it's in 2014 that the video comes out, that's when it comes out. And that's a 42-week unofficial election campaign.

I'm sorry, but if a video of Rob Ford smoking crack cocaine in the presence of drug dealers and gang members is released during the campaign, there is no universe in which he is winning re-election. Zero chance.

I'm sorry, but if a video of Rob Ford smoking crack cocaine in the presence of drug dealers and gang members is released during the campaign, there is no universe in which he is winning re-election. Zero chance.

He'll say it's fake and the people who've believed every other one of his lies would still believe him. I've learned to not underestimate the stupidity of Ford Nation. At best, the video would bring on some closure for those of us who know it exists and just want it to be seen. Most other people who are able to compile the growing circumstantial evidence, Ford's flight from his responsabity to offer explanations for various suspicious activities and public evidence, absence of believable alternatives and Ford's character history know that Rob Ford is lying just as an adult knows when a child is lying.

Ford is not winning re-election without the 25% of voters -- the sane segment -- who've abandoned him since election day and aren't coming back. Ford isn't winning re-election without the entire downtown population (many of whom voted for him) who he's repeatedly insulted, purposefully and proudly neglected and made clear that they aren't part of his plans. It would take an absolutely terrible candidate to not get 40% of the vote in a top 2 man race with such differing ideologies and Ford's stable support hasn't been above that since election day. It would take two candidates bickering to the very end over who is the anti-Ford vote to allow a vote split for Ford to capitalize on. While unlikely, this last scenario could happen but given the candidates who have decided to sit this one out and defer to Olivia Chow who is in fact mounting a formidable campaign, and given that the only candidates that may still run are Conservatives who will only steal Ford's upper class right wing support, I'm growing ever more confident that Ford is not going to be re-elected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back