News   Jun 25, 2024
 984     1 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 865     0 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 1.5K     3 

GO Transit: Construction Projects (Metrolinx, various)

As drum mentioned, Metrolinx is clear-cutting the Georgetown south corridor alongside the West Toronto Railpath. With spring now here the extent of the damage is now becoming clear. North from Bloor GO:

8702844092_885211838f_c.jpg

8702845032_caf6518763_c.jpg

8702844570_c12f591abc_c.jpg

That's only one of the station locations. I thought at the time they were looking at another property nearby instead. Didn't we discuss that here back somewhere when that article came out 18 months ago?

Looks like they are still negotiating ... a recent article in http://www.oshawaexpress.ca/viewposting.php?view=4590 says negotiations resumed a week after the November 2011 pull out.
not from what I know. But good that negotations resumed.

I realize this might not be construction work from GO Transit, but here are some pictures of the work being done in the CN Silver area (Georgetown). It looks like the GO yard in Georgetown will get new access and the bridge over the Credit River will have three tracks. The pictures were taken by Tim Ball.

I realize this might not be construction work from GO Transit, but here are some pictures of the work being done in the CN Silver area (Georgetown). It looks like the GO yard in Georgetown will get new access and the bridge over the Credit River will have three tracks. The pictures were taken by Tim Ball.

This may be partially for the CTC installation on the Guelph Sub.

The walkway bridge over Burnhamthorpe at the Erinadale Station was removed this week.

No idea where that bridge will be used other than at Cooksville GO station that is badly needed today.

Don't know when the plan was change for the removal of the bridge as the bridge was part of the structure.

Traffic lights will be use to allow riders to cross there now.

The walkway bridge over Burnhamthorpe at the Erinadale Station was removed this week.

No idea where that bridge will be used other than at Cooksville GO station that is badly needed today.

Don't know when the plan was change for the removal of the bridge as the bridge was part of the structure.

Traffic lights will be use to allow riders to cross there now.
I'm really surprised nobody has been killed crossing Hurontario at Cooksville GO yet.

May 8

The Clarkson parking structure should be 66% completed by next weekend

Burlington terminal has only seen various service installed as well the extension to the south of the west entrance.
8729931878_c4f32e74b3_b.jpg

8728816351_9ab04e4800_b.jpg

8728811811_aef8cba6bd_b.jpg

8728807935_24b33ee3ba_b.jpg

8729941576_b9c11df4ea_b.jpg

8728821135_a419b30f72_b.jpg

8729938434_3147e10f7b_b.jpg

8729929806_7e2ee74e62_b.jpg

8728818013_d91e8923f2_b.jpg

I found out why the bridge at Erindale Station was removed. It was structural unsound. I wonder when they found that out, as it was plan to stay there after construction. At the scrap yard now.

The talk about a terminal at Sq One is only building a fare office and removal of the temporarily one.

MT will be running service to the new bus terminal in September for Erindale with 20 20 being extended there from Sq One. 38 maybe going into that terminal as well and still under review.

When are they building a GO building at Square One? Will it be near the current temporary one? Wouldn't it make more sense to build one big new terminal for both MT and GO, since the current MT terminal is kinda small?

And when will 20 be extended to Erindale GO?

When are they building a GO building at Square One? Will it be near the current temporary one? Wouldn't it make more sense to build one big new terminal for both MT and GO, since the current MT terminal is kinda small?

And when will 20 be extended to Erindale GO?
I said Sept for 20

Yes both GO and MT need to be in a new terminal together and the folks of Transportation & Work said that at the LRT meeting also.

I expect the new sales office will be near the current one.

If they're building new, they ought to relocate closer to Hurontario, maybe the City Centre/Robert Speck/Square One Drive area. Then they don't have to worry about any sort of Square One detour for LRT. It's a long walk to the mall, though; they might have to put in a tunnel with a Movator.

If they're building new, they ought to relocate closer to Hurontario, maybe the City Centre/Robert Speck/Square One Drive area. Then they don't have to worry about any sort of Square One detour for LRT. It's a long walk to the mall, though; they might have to put in a tunnel with a Movator.

As I said, a new sales building is been built as well washrooms for drivers at this time.

Yes there needs to be a new regional terminal built to the east to house GO, MT and connect to the LRT for 125,000 daily riders.

Regardless, where it built, walking to the mall is not an issues unless you want front door service. It still a 5 minute walk from either existing terminal today, considering the current mall will be reshape overtime to something like Eaton centre.

Here a couple of videos I shot of the new Erindale Parking Structure. It schedule to open Sept 3rd with MT running #20 to it then. Not sure if #9 & #38 will be detour to the new bus terminal at this time. Still have to upload photos to flickr.

The south end shot May 18 with the walkway bridge gone.
[video=youtube_share;2xwk-xykZno]http://youtu.be/2xwk-xykZno[/video]

May 18 north end of Erindale Station
[video=youtube_share;deQhsFRhuM8]http://youtu.be/deQhsFRhuM8[/video]

I found out why the bridge at Erindale Station was removed. It was structural unsound. I wonder when they found that out, as it was plan to stay there after construction. At the scrap yard now.

The talk about a terminal at Sq One is only building a fare office and removal of the temporarily one.

MT will be running service to the new bus terminal in September for Erindale with 20 20 being extended there from Sq One. 38 maybe going into that terminal as well and still under review.

Wow, that's quite interesting. Did your source mention which element of the structure was unsound? I wonder if they'll fabricate a similar structure to replace it, or simply forego the bridge altogether (which would be foolish).

Back