966     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 366     0 

Verve Condos (Tridel) - Real Estate -

How many floors of this are we getting?

verve3-1.jpg

Highrise 39 storeys, Lofts 6 storeys

verve.jpg

Sept. 20th, highrise at 24th floor, level 22. 15 floors to go.

verve_sept20.jpg

...And you can see the thick toxic smoke rising behind St. James Town from that massive fire today...

...And I'm realizing just now what an amazing view those top floors of Verve are going to have. I underestimated the height here.

Very institutional looking finish.

I guess it really is a green building after all.

Yet another Tridel project that doesn't look like it'll be too attractive. I have to say though, they're great at selling product. If only their buildings were better.

...And you can see the thick toxic smoke rising behind St. James Town from that massive fire today...

...And I'm realizing just now what an amazing view those top floors of Verve are going to have. I underestimated the height here.

The reason I went up to the roof deck around 3:30pm was to photograph the fire/smoke but it was mostly blocked by the St. James Town apartments. So I thought I'd do a Verve photo update instead.

Your right casaguy, the top half of Verve is going to have tremendous views in all directions.

I have to say though, they're great at selling product. If only their buildings were better.

Depends by what you mean by "better" - if you mean architecture (which is usually just about the only thing that most people at UT look at) - then yes maybe they could do better.

If on the otherhand you mean after-sales service - then Tridel is about the best you can do (They just won the 2007 Tarion High-Rise Builder of the Year last night at the Tarion Awards of Excellence).

Or if on the otherhand you mean environmentally friendly and energy efficient, Tridel is arguably the most advanced builder in the GTA (possibly Canada). They have a number of leading (LEED - non pun intended) programs and are also undertaking a lot on in-house research & development of implementing new green technologies in each condo. They also won the GTHBA-UDI Green Builder of the Year for 2007, which is the first year the award was given out - they've also been recognized by numerous other environmental groups and institutions for their efforts to continually push the bar forward.

Or if on the other hand you mean the quality of the units - well there aren't many other builders that people always list in MLS as a Tridel building - they've established a solid reputation among consumers who know they will be getting a quality product.

Or if you are talking about amenities, there aren't many other builders who compare - I've toured and been in quite a few new and recently built condos and Tridel is definitely the industry leader in this respect (although there are a lot of people who couldn't care less about amenities, but it is certainly a significant selling feature in large scale projects).

There are a number of reasons why Tridel continually sells more units then any other builder on a yearly basis (Concord and Monarch sometimes outsell Tridel month to month depending on project openings). They are number one in the industry and they've certainly earned it with a quality product and solid reputation.

Mike in TO, you make very valid points and I'd add that Tridel goes the extra mile with improved soundproofing in the suites too. As for architecture perhaps they're taking a cue, James Cooper Mansion appears to be a nice looking project based on the rendering.

I'll say one thing for Tridel - they work quickly. Over the past winter, despite cold days and miserable weather, they soldiered on with the parking garage with visible progress each day. They have an efficient team.

Back