1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 373     0 

Verve Condos (Tridel) - Real Estate -

Re: Verve - 422 ft. 39 floors

"Get me a third rate architect with frilly hair! Quick!"

"All the architects have gone, sir. It is a long weekend."

"Then get me any guy with frilly hair! I don't care ..."

"There are only two guys with frilly hair left. Neither is an architect. Michael Richards and a ..."

"Get me Richards! He's got grrreat frilly hair!"

"I don't have a number for him on my Rolodex, sir."

"Then get me his agent!"

"His agent was last seen in Sassafraz. They can't find him ..."

"So who's left? I need someone to design me a tall, third rate building in a couple of hours for a few bucks. Someone with no aesthetic sense who hates people."

"There's nobody like that left, sir. Nobody ... except the other guy with frilly hair ... adma someone."

"Then get me this adma guy! Hurry!"

"He's subbing for Mr. Richards in some club in California full of pur laine homosexuals ..."

"Then fly him in, dammit! I need a tall ugly building designed by a farty pur laine homosexual-baiter with frilly hair and I need it before day's end ..."

etc.

I can whole heartily say that I hate the tower section of this structure. It shows comprehensive lack of design that already looks passé. It’s hard for me to say I hate something and mean it 100%, just not this time. I’m surprised Kyle Rae let this one go through in its current form. I’m all for density, but I’m more for aesthetics.

KGB

return

KGB

return

KGB

return

(returns aka 'enter' were long ago established by KGB "look at me" to max square footage and perceived impact)

return

nobody reads anything brief... many happy "returns".

Giggle, giggle.

Naw, when it comes to meltdown types, Courtney Love's more my role model

[The image is not really necessary, there are plenty of coked out Courtney Love pictures to choose from. - Canuck]

adma: If you dress up as Valerie Solanas I'll invite you to my next party.

( It'll be a Tom of Finland party ).

I'm trying to figure out what a condo named "Tom Of Finland" would look like. I guess, keeping with the Finnish theme
10550,1130099050,2.jpg

And maybe a Kirkor approximation thereof, a la New York Towers (bleh)

Two pics from today - January 10, 2007.

353153641_bfcfee33b6.jpg

353153645_48bc466a0a.jpg

The underground is complete, most of the complex is at ground level now. The tower section will begin to rise in the next week or so.

I'd appreciate some pics to use in the '400' list, especially since the last photos were from two months ago.

I'm already a little disappointed that Verve is set back the way it is. I was kind of hoping it would bulge out a bit, or at least be set forward so that it would follow the curve of Wellesley. As it stands that's going to be a really wide sidewalk in front of the building, unless they do something like straighten Wellesley (and I hope they don't, that bend adds something to the street, and slows traffic down)

Not much to see yet at Verve, but they're at ground level. This is the tower section -

Pics from Sunday, July 15

Looking North towards Wellesley from Homewood Ave.:

verve.jpg

verve2.jpg

From the back (north)

verveback.jpg

vervebackdet.jpg

Steamplant lofts right nearby...

steamplant.jpg

Back section of Verve from Sherbourne:

alley.jpg

View down Wellesley, of it rising...