355     0 

Verve Condos (Tridel) - Real Estate -

Verve Construction Progress Nov 4, 2007

DSCN1298.jpg

DSCN1299.jpg

DSCN1300.jpg

DSCN1301.jpg

November 10th update

Tower & Loft progress. 34th floor in the highrise section is currently being poured.

Forgive the blurry shots, my hands were freezing!

PICT0947.jpg

PICT0955.jpg

PICT0956.jpg

PICT0953.jpg

I like the contrast in the first image between the low rise Mission style apts and the highrise green glass. Also good to see that the landscaping is already in on this site!

great contextual shots! great angle to get 4 construction sites in one frame. Hopefully you can get back up there when 500 Sherbourne starts to rise... I guess part of the goal with these buildings is to raise the average income of people living in this area... a worthy goal. But I wonder if many new purchasers will spend their time venturing into Cabbagetown or if they'll simply venture west to the center of the city?

^I agree it's rather an ugly part of town--funny how since c.1950 Toronto forgot how to build attractive looking modest buildings. I see 3 nice but kinda run down old houses in the forefront with everything else consisting of blah garbage. Depressing--I wonder what the suicide rate is in those circular apt buildings? Colour! Flare! Rich red brick! If I was a billionaire I'd give a mandate to bulldoze all downtown Eastside buildings built between 1950 and 2004 and hire Aa, Nomade, Saucier+Perrotte to rebuild the Paris Modern of the West!

But there's good news: Verve appears to be the last ugly Tridel building to sell in downtown Toronto! Looks as if they've hired Wallman Architects going forward. About time!

Actually, those round towers are quite popular. I hear that they are rather nice inside. I have no problem with those towers. What I dont like is the slab behind The Star of Downtown (with the orange/pink-ish cladding).

What people fail to remember (especially on this forum) is that nothing will get built if it is going to cost more than it can be sold for. You just cant build stone houses like they used to. Glass and steel is here to stay.

Verve is somewhat refreshing compared to it's unsightly high rise neighbours. Those round buildings were built in the 80's & converted to condos before the real estate market tanked, I think they're called Celebrity Place. They're mostly 2 bedrooms in the 850 sq. ft. range with great size balconies.

I think Verve is quite refreshing as well. Except for those beautiful houses on Jarvis, Verve is the best looking building in the picture... and it's no where near complete yet.

Well it doesn't have much competition, but i must agree it is the best looking highrise building in the photo.

Despite not looking to hot, this building definitely is good for the area, and I'd rather look at this from the west than the buildings in st. jamestown. (correct me if im completely off here)

Thanks alot for the shots, casaguy.

Back