News   Jul 12, 2024
 371     0 

Verve Condos (Tridel) - Real Estate -

Verve update

CN beat me to the punch, but here's a couple others from July 15th

July 31 Update:

966601014_9c8d0953df_b.jpg

966600914_6f059a6cc6_b.jpg

It looks so bland. Hopefully we see some more "verve" come through in its design as more cladding is added. :(

Bland? Maybe we should wait for something more than a few floors of concrete before passing judgement.

I know... just the precast itself is bland. I said, let's wait, and see.

I like the curve as it follows that of the street, I fear this is all I will like. This is my least favorite hi rise in the city.

its one of those it looks good from far away but looks terrible on closer inspection. City place is a great example.

"Bland"... "Looks good from far away but looks terrible on closer inspection"... - where are these comments coming from? It's a concrete skeleton which is only 1/3rd poured!

We can see that. It's not the end of the world. We're just commenting on our initial look at the building. I thought the base would have different precast than that which is being used.

The lofts building is what I look forward to in this project.

It's just very premature to be complaining. It's hardly an "initial" look when the thing is mostly concrete and not even all there.

What the Verve neighbourhood really needs: an urban pioneer like Peter Freed with his low to midrises and decent (and continuous) architecture and streetwall. The area feels very disjointed because you've got these rundown (but beautiful) rooming houses, brownstones etc mixed in with 1960s-2000's highrises. The city should mandate a height cap--10 stories?--in historic districts, encourage beautiful architecture and let the developers and market do the rest; I believe the end result would be a large urban area that looked like it had been there for centuries (consistent streetwall, mixed uses.)

I am not against highrises; but 45 floors next to a gorgeous old Victorian--Knights of Columbus building for example?

More pics (Aug 3)

verve6.jpg

verve4.jpg

verve3.jpg

verve2-1.jpg

verve1.jpg

Steamplant Lofts, right at the back corner.
steamplant1.jpg

Looking South, near where Homewood Ave. will be extended through the site to meet the laneway at the North End. New assisted housing under construction on the left, just south of the future 500 Sherbourne condo site which will abut the lane as well.
assist2.jpg

assist3.jpg

assist1.jpg

Back