IMG_7044.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_7045.JPG
    IMG_7045.JPG
    189.9 KB · Views: 504
  • IMG_7044.JPG
    IMG_7044.JPG
    209 KB · Views: 551
I like the idea of signage on some of our buildings especially in the heart of retail in Toronto. Many cities in the world have signage on the top of higher buildings and it can add visual dynamism to the central core of a city. Isn't that what we want?

I like the idea of signage on some of our buildings especially in the heart of retail in Toronto. Many cities in the world have signage on the top of higher buildings and it can add visual dynamism to the central core of a city. Isn't that what we want?
Or one could look on it as Visual Pollution. Personally, I have no problem with signage on top of buildings 'in the heart of retail in Toronto' BUT it REALLY needs to be incorporated properly not added onto scaffolding like some sort of children's toy set.

Here's hoping the armature ends up being more elegant and less obtrusive than the Sam's sign, and yes, here's hoping that the thing just glows softly and doesn't shine into anyone's units. Anyone moving into the Massey Tower with southwest views would be a bit concerned right now.

Nope. I hate how all our buildings tend to have logos on top. I think it distracts from the architecture, creating visual clutter and a commercial aesthetic (when the architecture is not necessarily that).

Back