Toronto Eaton Centre (Ongoing Renewal) | ?m | ?s | Cadillac Fairview | Zeidler

Here's hoping the armature ends up being more elegant and less obtrusive than the Sam's sign, and yes, here's hoping that the thing just glows softly and doesn't shine into anyone's units. Anyone moving into the Massey Tower with southwest views would be a bit concerned right now.

Generally if you're living downtown without blackout curtains you're going to have a bad time.

The Samsung store has a little sign at the entrance saying they are opening today at noon (Wednesday).
I visited today. The view of Yonge-Dundas from the second floor is nice. Other than that, it's fairly sparse up there with a "kitchen of tomorrow" demo and a few fancy TVs. Downstairs they have some VR demos and a bunch of tables with the latest in Samsung gear.

Remember, Samsung is not intended to be a retail space. It's a place to go and experience their new products. Within the larger unit, only a small portion is for the 'selling' of stuff.

I have zero interest in the Samsung store, and these images do nothing to entice me to visit.

How long do we have to wait before this shuts down and turns into an Apple Store?

Not a foregone conclusion that will turn into an Apple store, ever. Seems to me the kind of retail experimentation Samsung is engaging in here will likely be mimicked by other brands as they all struggle to engage with fickle and knowledgeable customers in a rapidly-changing landscape, one where brand loyalty is an increasingly rare commodity.

Not a foregone conclusion that will turn into an Apple store, ever. Seems to me the kind of retail experimentation Samsung is engaging in here will likely be mimicked by other brands as they all struggle to engage with fickle and knowledgeable customers in a rapidly-changing landscape, one where brand loyalty is an increasingly rare commodity.
I don’t know that it’s as much about experimentation or a new idea as it is just Times Square-style brand exposure (just like Samsung 837 at Times Square)

Today:

eIMG_8847.jpg

Attachments

• eIMG_8847.jpg
    eIMG_8847.jpg
    435.8 KB · Views: 519
Oh boy. That frame looks like it's going to end up being a big, tacky, backlit "CF" sign. Someone needs to get in touch with the branding people at CF and beg them to stop this madness ASAP. The whole mall is now covered in logos, and the worst part of all is that the CF logo is an ugly design to begin with.

Oh boy. That frame looks like it's going to end up being a big, tacky, backlit "CF" sign. Someone needs to get in touch with the branding people at CF and beg them to stop this madness ASAP. The whole mall is now covered in logos, and the worst part of all is that the CF logo is an ugly design to begin with.
It's also a meaningless logo and comes off like some kind of obnoxious graffiti gangland tag that wants to inspire fear and intimidation but is merely annoying.

Back