Toronto Eaton Centre (Ongoing Renewal) | ?m | ?s | Cadillac Fairview | Zeidler

As someone who worked on the planning and execution of the slide, I find it super cool to see people on this forum chatting about it!

It's there until July 26th, and made for adults and kids alike! Go enjoy it as much as I have working on this for the last few months!
How do they cover any liability? Does the slide close if there are no operators?

How do they cover any liability? Does the slide close if there are no operators?
There are a good amount of slide rules and regulations (Age and weight limits, no personal belongings with you while you slide, etc.) and every participant needs to sign a liability waiver (and provide proof of signature). Lots of work and thought went into making this as safe as humanly possible over the last 2+ months, I assure you!

We are staffed fully during mall hours + there are physical barriers we screw on to both the entrance and exit 'portals' to ensure no one goes into the slide when our brand ambassadors are not present. There is also an additional wall that goes onto the bottom area during off hours. (See below)
20240704_044057.jpg

Last edited:
That slide is no bigger than the one at St. James which kids of all ages use every day without signing a liability waiver. And that one has a much more dangerous climb to get to its access "portal". CF should have cut out the lawyers and just let people have fun.

Agreed. And I say this as a lawyer.

That slide is no bigger than the one at St. James which kids of all ages use every day without signing a liability waiver. And that one has a much more dangerous climb to get to its access "portal". CF should have cut out the lawyers and just let people have fun.
...I mean if that's so, I should be signing a waiver every time I go for a walk, climb a stairs or cross a street. I doubt that will keep the ambulance chasers at bay...but at the end of the day, I am ultimately responsible for what I do.

To be fair though, I am glad that ryanbruins17, et al, have their bases covered here.

Or the big, tall metal one at Grange Park, which had the ability to get children up to warp speed near instantaneously. So much so my daughter feared it.

I believe it's since been altered, but that slide was dangerous. Shallow sides and high speeds made for problems. I personally witnessed two different limb fractures occur within a handful of months. And I've been to that park maybe ten times, ever.

Last edited:
As someone who worked on the planning and execution of the slide, I find it super cool to see people on this forum chatting about it!

It's there until July 26th, and made for adults and kids alike! Go enjoy it as much as I have working on this for the last few months!
Thank you for your work! Can you ask them to make it permanent? 😉

Or the big, tall metal one at Grange Park, which had the ability to get children up to warp speed near instantaneously. So much so my daughter feared it.

I believe it's since been altered, but that slide was dangerous. Shallow sides and high speeds made for problems. I personally witnessed two different limb fractures occur within a handful of months. And I've been to that park maybe ten times, ever.

The thing is, if you design and install a slide that will injure people because of its design, all the waivers in the world aren't going to help you if someone gets hurt on it.

Back