News   Jul 23, 2024
 504     2 
News   Jul 23, 2024
 435     0 
News   Jul 23, 2024
 472     0 

1233 Queen East | ?m | 8s

and ando, if u truly work for bombardier at thunder bay, then you would know what is currently going there now right?

I never said I work for Bombardier... I go to university up here... do I need to explain this again?

NOCTIS: Hey there, there is a very simple explanation for why you aren't getting your question answered; There is no answer for your question! Not yet, atleast. We try our best to provide answers, but we can't if there isn't any. Unless there's someone here who works for on the actual trains, we'll have to wait until Bombardier releases some news.

We aren't psychics, we can't guess whats going with the doors, unsless you want someone to make something up just to answer it.

Like its been mentioned before, there will be updates when they come, I check my sources everyday, so don't worry. And i'm sure andomano just wants to help by giving updates when he can!

Finally, its pointless to continue arguing on this thread lets leave until we get an actual update on the trains!

This is the most bizarre thread this forum has seen for quite a while. I expect a subway car video to show up with (a) slow music and the car clad in leather and lace, or (b) upbeat music and the car clad in icing and candies with a roll sign with the destination of Candyland.

This is the most bizarre thread this forum has seen for quite a while. I expect a subway car video to show up with (a) slow music and the car clad in leather and lace, or (b) upbeat music and the car clad in icing and candies with a roll sign with the destination of Candyland.

Ha ha, lol; good one Enviro! You're right, it is a bizzare thread. At least someone has a sense of humour here and doesn't take themselves or this topic too seriously.

Say, Enviro, what's your take on the possibility of LCD monitor screens being placed within the light boxes of the new cars? Seen any recent, as-installed (i.e., non mock-up) pics of them at all? How would you like to see something like CP24 on them?

sb

I'm pretty sure the plan is to have monitors on one side of each entranceway and a map using LEDs to show position on the other. I am also pretty sure these monitors are to be used for TTC system information and not CP24. If monitors are installed for CP24 and advertising it would make no sense to place them in the entranceway were there is a less captive audience compared to where passengers are seated.

yea it'd be pretty weird to watch CP24 on the train...

Hey noctis, why would it be any weirder than seeing CP24 on the platforms as we do. Aren't you bored to tears on the subway? Have you tried to read a book or newspaper while standing in rush hour trying to hold on for dear life? Lol

I would welcome something dynamic to watch for my 20+ minute ride, and I'm sure I speak for you and for my fellow chaps here in this forum, once they think about it! :cool:

Hi there,

I'm new to this thread and was wondering if anyone can provide me with the most recent update, without me having to look through quite a few pages here. When can we anticipate to see them on the tracks? Any official photos? Thank you.

Hi there,

I'm new to this thread and was wondering if anyone can provide me with the most recent update, without me having to look through quite a few pages here. When can we anticipate to see them on the tracks? Any official photos? Thank you.

Hey Josef, welcome.

The delay has now been blamed on the subway door company having recently gone bankrupt, so no one seems to know for sure. Giambrone said "in the next few months", and the consensus here amongst the chaps (who all really just guessing) seems to be in Q2 or Q3 of this year.

If you just scroll back 2 or 3 pages, there are some good links to some good pictures of mock-ups cars (not the real thing).

sb

Perhaps it's all the foaming by pubescent boys?

I'm pretty sure the plan is to have monitors on one side of each entranceway and a map using LEDs to show position on the other. I am also pretty sure these monitors are to be used for TTC system information and not CP24. If monitors are installed for CP24 and advertising it would make no sense to place them in the entranceway were there is a less captive audience compared to where passengers are seated.

Well EnviroTO, I hope you do not take issue to this, but I simply found your post so epic that I couldn't help but to quote it in my signature.

Epic win.

Tad disappointed....

While the front of the train looks interesting with the curve, the rest looks kind of bland. I was hoping for some colour.

With respect, I don't think that's quite right, Enviro. While the TRs may still have the station locator LED cards above the entranceway, any picture, representation, olr mock-up of the new cars that i've seen (and I'm dying to see the actual, as-built ones) show the LCD, or TV-type, montor screens, incorporated into the light diffuser boxes, but further down the car (as you suggest they should). I believe they will be above the windows on each side, not above the doors, as that would be distracting for the flow of passenger ingress and egress.

Captive audience is the key here. Unlike the CP24s on the platforms, where they are only seen for a few minutes while waiting for the train, these onboard screens would be seen for an average of 20 minutes by each passenger. This gives the TTC, and paying advertisers, the chance to have good "reach" as I believe the terms is.

BTW, if any of you chaps venture outside our little realm of Toronto-centric forums, to other TAs around the world, you will see these LCD screens popping up on-board the cars everywhere, and much, I might add, to the delight of their passengers. Go see the blogs for yourselves! NYC, Sao Paolo, Seoul, Shanghai, Bejing, Berlin, just to name a few subways....

So, I say, TTC. get WITH it! It's inevitable.

(the international-looking, and rather progressive) sb

@tkip hopefully they will do something to the TRs in the final design stage (all the little details) before shipping out... i was thinking if they could come up with a new logo for the "red rocket"

Back