News   Jul 10, 2024
 369     0 
News   Jul 10, 2024
 388     0 
News   Jul 10, 2024
 587     0 

1233 Queen East | ?m | 8s

There has been a question on how the new TR's are going to sound like, so I think I found a pretty good source. Transit toronto says that they'll use Bombardier MITRAC for the train propulsion

Well I found a train that uses Bombardier MITRAC and this is what it sounds like:

[video=youtube;x2wbZQBxPf4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2wbZQBxPf4[/video]

nice find! i love the sound. sounds more "futuristic" haha

Very impressive. I was afraid it would be one of those trains that has a silenced accelerating sound. How boring that would've been.

Something I like about the sound that train makes is that it reminds me of the sound an H5 makes when accelerating only more futuristic.

I think we're getting a bit off topic here... I'm sure there is another thread more appropiate for these conversations. This is just me, but I want this thread updated when there's something directly concerning the TR's. Sometimes its annoying to see replies that don't give any info on the trains or something more relecant to them...
Yes, let's get back to the level of the discussion ....

choo-choo chugga-chugga-chuga choo-choo chugga-chugga-chuga choo-choo chugga-chugga-chuga choo-choo

Last edited by a moderator:
@nfitz did ur account got hacked or something? what's with the choo chuga...

^^ Yes... very classy. nfitz has captured the last 5 pages of this thread very concisely.

I passed by the factory last night, and the test tracks were still covered with snow. There were new GO bilevels being shunted for outdoor storage before shipping, and the link is found here for anyone interested in seeing those pictures:
http://urbantoronto.ca/showthread.php?11272-New-GO-BiLevel-VIIs-%28From-T-Bay%29&p=366853#post366853

Interesting, I see that the damaged T1 ares still there. Is there any difference with these new GO Cars? The look exactly the same...

Anyone know whats up with those cars in the middle of a field, with grey paint on them at Wilson yard?

^^ Yes... very classy. nfitz has captured the last 5 pages of this thread very concisely.

I passed by the factory last night, and the test tracks were still covered with snow. There were new GO bilevels being shunted for outdoor storage before shipping, and the link is found here for anyone interested in seeing those pictures:
http://urbantoronto.ca/showthread.php?11272-New-GO-BiLevel-VIIs-%28From-T-Bay%29&p=366853#post366853

Yikes are we getting desperate! These are pics of GO train cars. Hey, this is a forum for TRs. Let's get back to it.

Now, Ando, do you have any good pics of the interior showing a good perspective of the LCD monitors planned for the TRs? Not too close-up. I wanna see how they look head on but from a standing passenger`s perspective.

sb

Yes, let's get back to the level of the discussion ....

choo-choo chugga-chugga-chuga choo-choo chugga-chugga-chuga choo-choo chugga-chugga

Actually, acceleration sounds that are distinctive to the new TR trains is significant. For some people, they hold a small but important representation of the current train technology. Its just interesting. We're just mentioning its a relief its not silent, as many things in this city are plain enough as it is. I won't make a personal insult to you, but your COMMENT sounds very pretentious.

Do you think they should change the sound when the doors close on the new subway cars? (Assuming they end up having doors.) I know the current DING-Ding-dong is classic, and has been immortalized via CBC Radio One's "Here and Now with Matt Galloway", but maybe something new would be cool. Like a guitar riff or a couple of bars from Fur Elise.

It would have to remain the same note sequence for continuity. But I absolutely think think replicating the sound with a different instrument can be feasible. I've considered the piano.

* I know my response was off the TR topic. just wanted to make it quick, my apologies.

I think that they should keep it the same, and use they actual chime from the H series, I thin H4 has the best one.The chime is the first three notes in the sesame street song... I think they should keep it because it soubds a lot better than all the other ones on other subway systems, and hey atleast som tradition has to be kept on the newer trains.

i dun mean to sound mean, but i could care less how the new door chimes would sound. i just care about when the heck are they gonna be delivered...

noctis- they'll be delivered, but hey all those little details are what makes them awesome, and worthwile. Take the T1's they're great trains but their brakes sound horribly treacherous, this is one thing i hope the TR's won't have... I wonder what makes the H series brakes sound less...

Back