News   Jul 10, 2024
 113     0 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 903     1 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 1.8K     3 

1233 Queen East | ?m | 8s

Brad Ross has stated on twitter that there are penalties. The fact that it's a third party does not matter; Bombardier is contractually obligated to provide vehicles on a certain schedule and is responsible for delays incurred by its subcontractors.

I had to laugh a year or 2 ago when I asked how did TTC dealt with penalties for items that were late or flaw.

It was a slap on the wrist and try a little better the next time.

In the real world, it would be X $ per day back charge. I have seen penalties clauses where it has been close to $50,000 a day for been late. In some cases your contract is terminated and you will have to cover the extra cost by the company that is finishing your work.

If you have a contract to do X, the owner doesn't care what happen to your subs since they have no contract with them in the first place. They will care if you are not paying them with the money they give you to cover the bill you submitted to them and one reason for a performance bond in the first place.

I had to laugh a year or 2 ago when I asked how did TTC dealt with penalties for items that were late or flaw.

It was a slap on the wrist and try a little better the next time.

In the real world, it would be X $ per day back charge. I have seen penalties clauses where it has been close to $50,000 a day for been late. In some cases your contract is terminated and you will have to cover the extra cost by the company that is finishing your work.

If you have a contract to do X, the owner doesn't care what happen to your subs since they have no contract with them in the first place. They will care if you are not paying them with the money they give you to cover the bill you submitted to them and one reason for a performance bond in the first place.

This should have been the case. With tough clauses of this type, I bet bombardier would have found a way to get it done. The beauty of strong incentive.

and maybe they make nice LCD screens for passenger enjoyment......lol, eh noctis?

u kno what, u shud change ur name from subwayboy to lcdboy lol

anyways, if that company can make doors for the new TRs then hopefully, BB can be on schedule for delivery...

Industry convention is that penalty clauses come hand in hand with bonus clauses of an equal or similar amount. You can't have one without the other because it's not fair. Assuming that a penalty clause existed and held Bombardier liable for up to 5% of the contract amount for being late, then chances are the TTC could also be held liable for an equal amount if Bombardier is early. This is money that the TTC doesn't have, which is why I'd be willing to bet that there's no penalty clause.

Industry convention is that penalty clauses come hand in hand with bonus clauses of an equal or similar amount. You can't have one without the other because it's not fair. Assuming that a penalty clause existed and held Bombardier liable for up to 5% of the contract amount for being late, then chances are the TTC could also be held liable for an equal amount if Bombardier is early. This is money that the TTC doesn't have, which is why I'd be willing to bet that there's no penalty clause.

That only works if the TTC is not willing to take delivery early. I doubt that's the case. The TTC can always find room to stick the cars somewhere. And there are always contractual limits to how early you can deliver. I highly doubt, though, that early deliveries happen all that often. I would not be surprised if Bombardier gets a penalty assessed when all is said and done. And once a company has a penalty against it, there really is very little incentive to speed up. You might as well take the time and make sure everything is right so that the penalties don't get worse. They can always catch up on the production run.

Shouldn't Thunder Bay use Bombardier's own products (read LRT or streetcars) on Thundar Bay's transit system, instead of making it convenient for their workers to use their cars to get to work? There was a time that Fort William and Port Arthur had streetcars on their streets, with Port Arthur being the first municipally owned street railway in Canada in 1892.

Shouldn't Thunder Bay use Bombardier's own products (read LRT or streetcars) on Thundar Bay's transit system, instead of making it convenient for their workers to use their cars to get to work? There was a time that Fort William and Port Arthur had streetcars on their streets, with Port Arthur being the first municipally owned street railway in Canada in 1892.

Ever been to Thunder Bay? The fact that they even have buses is amazing.

Ever been to Thunder Bay? The fact that they even have buses is amazing.

Ever been to Thunder Bay yourself picard?

The bus system up here uses mainly Novas and some Orions - 49 buses, 17 routes, 90% of the population within 400 metres of a bus stop. A ridership of 3.1 million in 2007 also. I guess somebody must use the system.

In RE to WK, there is a special route during morning and afternoon rush to the industrial side of town which brings the employees right to the front door. There are a few murals around the city which depict the street railways of the old days

Back