News   Mar 28, 2024
 104     0 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.4K     1 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.2K     2 

Sam the Record Man Closure

Harvey's have the best burgers out of any fast food chain.

There's no way Toronto gets 20 000 000 million tourists a year.

"Overall, approximately 19.7 million visitors spent $4.5 billion in the Toronto region last year"

Does this displease you in some way, or are you happy to see such numbers?

I said in the late 80's etc. Yes, tourism is down but not much. You seem to be quite out of touch which is not a bit surprising to anyone who reads your posts.

As for Harveys, if you love crap, then yes, Harveys does have the best fast crap north of the 49th but let us at least be honest - it is crap

As for Harveys, if you love crap, then yes, Harveys does have the best fast crap north of the 49th but let us at least be honest - it is crap

It might be less a matter of what Harveys is, than of what it could be--that is, once again, Canada's own indigenous answer to Carl's Jr. or some such hip cult chain. In which case, its "fast crapdom" becomes quasi-irrelevant--heck, even the low likes of White Castle have their cult followings...

It will end up in Ryerson's hands.

Are we sure of that? That's the best possible outcome. Ryerson needs a Yonge St. address and Ryerson will respect the Sam's signage.

I wonder if they'll ditch the building and incorporate the signs into something new.

"Overall, approximately 19.7 million visitors spent $4.5 billion in the Toronto region last year"

Does this displease you in some way, or are you happy to see such numbers?

I said in the late 80's etc. Yes, tourism is down but not much. You seem to be quite out of touch which is not a bit surprising to anyone who reads your posts.

All junk food is crap in terms of nourishment but it still tastes good. How can you not like a Harvey's burger? They're almost as juicy as my pastey thighs.

It might be less a matter of what Harveys is, than of what it could be--that is, once again, Canada's own indigenous answer to Carl's Jr. or some such hip cult chain. In which case, its "fast crapdom" becomes quasi-irrelevant--heck, even the low likes of White Castle have their cult followings...

Just because it's a chain restaurant that doesn't detract from it's goodness. Doesn't make it any better or worse than some independent place.

As I sit here in the King's Lynn public library, the words "Wimpy Bar", "Harvey's" and "McDonalds" spin around inside my head, jostling for attention ... and the only reminiscence that makes me actually salivate is "Harvey's". Odd, really, since the last time I ate one of their cardboard burgers must've been somewhere around 1990. Still, we take our small doses of cultural superiority over the Brits and Yanks as we find them.

A Harvey's Chicken "Burger" is simply an honest-to-goodness chicken breast grilled and tossed on a bun. No battering or mechanically separated chicken formed into a patty involved. Everything about Harvey's seems less processed. At the very least that puts them higher in my books than any other major fast food chain. The fact that they let you choose two sides rather than forcing pop on to you is a nice plus as well. Everywhere else rips you off if you prefer water to drink.

Back