Toronto Murano | ?m | 45s | Lanterra | a—A

December 20th Update:

2127645068_33720120ec_b.jpg

I expect the glass to be typical condo glass cladding but I am really liking the shape and form of this building.

I love how high the ceilings are on the second floor of this building. The welcoming wide-open interior spaces promised by these extravagances are very seductive. High ceilings on first and second floors of major buildings should be de rigueur across this city.

Yes, there is almost an "office tower" treatment - as in the establishment of a high-ceiling lobby. I was hoping for a seamless curtain wall as well, but I am still hoping that it will unfold to be quite a visual success.

I expect the glass to be typical condo glass cladding but I am really liking the shape and form of this building.

hmmm, I havent refered back to the render recently... but just to be sarcastic, in this photo it looks like yet another version of BAC / FCP - a box with notched out corners!

Seriously though, these are gonna be a cool pair of towers and I am really liking how they will take away the wide open views of Police HQ from the north. I guess lots of people on here would refer to it as PoMo crap, but I think its fine, just it will look much better closed in on all sides rather than in the former lowrise wasteland of this stretch of Bay St.

I read in the City Planner's report on this and they too were surprised by the small floorplates for this project, it would produce really slim and slender towers.

My favourite thing about this project is how it meets the street and defines the intersection. If all of Bay Street's condo towers were built like this, the street would feel a lot more urban.

Mine is the fact it's a the bend in bay and may create a MET like College Street street wall effect.

I don't think the bend affects this building at all. The pics above don't show any bend in the building. The cop HQ is the one that deals with it.

That's one slim tower. Looking good so far. Wonder if the windows will be staggered / syncopated. The renderings seem to indicate as much. Guess we’ll find out in the next week or so.

There's no bend or curve in the podium but Murano completed may enhance the jog in the road at Grenville Street where Toronto Police HQ begins.

It's interesting that all the square windows facing Bay Street are missing from the window wall that is already installed... I'm betting a different glass (transparent?) will be used to create the Murano effect seen in early renders.

Back