News   Apr 19, 2024
 1.7K     1 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 837     3 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 1.3K     3 

The Tenor (10 Dundas St E, Ent Prop Trust, 10s, Baldwin & Franklin)

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
I hope the ventilation shafts get covered up really soon (like, now!!!) with the three-piece vertical sign as per the renderings. It's a perfect spot for a really big Cheez Whiz ad. The Cheez Whiz people are ignoring a great marketing opportunity, don't y'all think?

Go cheesy or go home!!!

I'm waiting for them to cover those fans with some grills. Otherwise, it's an annoying detail they missed. How often do you see uncovered fans in an industrial setting like that?

I'm waiting for them to cover those fans with some grills. Otherwise, it's an annoying detail they missed. How often do you see uncovered fans in an industrial setting like that?

Yes. They should cover the fans with some kind of senseless, tacked-on decorative element. Then my life will be complete.

^ right. Because the fans themselves are some kind of senseless, tacked-on decorative element.

I quit trying to figure out the intentions of the person who put together this abomination long time ago.

^ right. Because the fans themselves are some kind of senseless, tacked-on decorative element.

I quit trying to figure out the intentions of the person who put together this abomination long time ago.

It's interesting. You'd think this would be an easier design project in that sense - all it really needs is a clean backdrop for the ads, but they couldn't even get that right.

Let's think positively for a moment. They can do anything to this building over the next 99 years - tart it up, knock it down, whore it out, bust it in, and who will care? It would only be an improvement. It's the one building that will never be encircled by preservationistas. Or has this been said before?

While I was really referring to the huge (enormously tall) and yet uncovered ventilation shafts, not the fake fans, I agree ...

The ventilation shafts are supposed to be covered by a tall 3-piece ad in the rendering.

Another thing; did the rooftop cooling boxes appear in the rendering?

I hope the ventilation shafts get covered up really soon (like, now!!!) with the three-piece vertical sign as per the renderings. It's a perfect spot for a really big Cheez Whiz ad. The Cheez Whiz people are ignoring a great marketing opportunity, don't y'all think?

Go cheesy or go home!!!

I guess you do have a point. They could have a giant ad with a bottle of Cheez Whiz running down the side covering the Heating and Cooling Ducts. And as the "coup de gras" have some yellow goop flying out the top, "supersoaking" the pedestrians on the sidewalk below.

....Personally I think that would be really cool.

Now this is going somewhere. How about having some of that orange-yellow goop creep across the street into featureless Y-D Square? We've been looking for a decorative element for that space. Orange/yellow against charcoal -- that's a great colour combination.

Cheesy does it!

Yes. They should cover the fans with some kind of senseless, tacked-on decorative element. Then my life will be complete.

That's good to hear. Do grills count as "senseless"? I guess they would be if the fans are senseless in the first place. But if you're going to tack things on to make it look industrial and leave massive exposed vents and paint it grey, you might as well put some effort into it.

Yeah, because TLS is one big fat pile of effort. Vents covering fake fans could be the finishing touch on this masterpiece. That's all it needs!

One more decorative element to tack on to the building's side:

22561208.jpg

It's receiving attention because it's one of Toronto's most important corners and it's generally regarded as a big disappointment.

I was inside again yesterday. They certainly spared no expense in sparing expenses: it could not look cheaper if they tried (and I bet they tried).

Yeah, because TLS is one big fat pile of effort. Vents covering fake fans could be the finishing touch on this masterpiece. That's all it needs!

Some hoppers would be nice, along with a giant dust separator on the roof.

Although the best new feature would be what Sir Novelty Fashion suggested.

Back