News   Jul 26, 2024
 633     0 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 1.5K     1 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 1.3K     1 

Sam the Record Man Closure

Or, for that matter, Canadian tourists would eat at a Harvey's--at least, if it starts nurturing a little Carl's Jr/In-and-Out cred...

Who cares about tourists? How many tourists are there really? It's Toronto, not London or New York. Torontonians would eat at a Harvey's.

There are plenty of tourists. I was shopping in and around the Eaton Centre last weekend, and I noticed plenty of people carrying American dollars and cars with American license plates. There are also many foreign visitors. I don't keep count of how many times I've given directions to someone on Yonge near Dundas. Who's sitting in all those tour buses? Torontonians?

There are plenty of tourists. I was shopping in and around the Eaton Centre last weekend, and I noticed plenty of people carrying American dollars and cars with American license plates. There are also many foreign visitors. I don't keep count of how many times I've given directions to someone on Yonge near Dundas. Who's sitting in all those tour buses? Torontonians?

Most of them are probably from Canada. When it comes to vacation time how many foreigners, especially from overseas say, hmm, Where should we go for vacation? Rome, nah. Paris, nope. How about Toronto?

What do the tour buses even show? City Hall, the CN Tower, Sky Dome, ROM? Must be a pretty short tour.

You're probably giving directions to locals. More than half our population is English illiterate.

What do the tour buses even show? City Hall, the CN Tower, Sky Dome, ROM? Must be a pretty short tour.

I have never had a guest come to this city who didn't enjoy their time here. There are few cities on this continent that can beat Toronto for quality of life owing to the huge range of cultural, recreational, educational, etc., opportunities and amenities, and I'm a bit incredulous that anyone living here and on this forum wouldn't realize that.

Most of them are probably from Canada. When it comes to vacation time how many foreigners, especially from overseas say, hmm, Where should we go for vacation? Rome, nah. Paris, nope. How about Toronto?

It depends where "overseas" is. Do you really think Rome, Paris, etc. are a big deal to Europeans that are close and can get there cheaply and quickly? Toronto is obviously not first in mind as a tourist destination, but it's not surprising why they'd want to visit. It's a fast rising cosmopolitan city with much to offer.

Hmm...Distillery, Chinatown, UofT, Kensington, Yorkville....

I find Torontonians can be incredibly down on their city and what it has to offer. Many have so thoroughly convinced themselves that there's nothing worthwhile here I wouldn't be surprised if they're one of the reasons people wouldn't want to come.

It depends where "overseas" is. Do you really think Rome, Paris, etc. are a big deal to Europeans that are close and can get there cheaply and quickly? Toronto is obviously not first in mind as a tourist destination, but it's not surprising why they'd want to visit. It's a fast rising cosmopolitan city with much to offer.

Hmm...Distillery, Chinatown, UofT, Kensington, Yorkville....

I find Torontonians can be incredibly down on their city and what it has to offer. Many have so thoroughly convinced themselves that there's nothing worthwhile here I wouldn't be surprised if they're one of the reasons people wouldn't want to come.

A city's image plays a big roll in attracting tourists. You look at a pictures of New York and you just can't help but be in awe and want to check it out. Toronto isn't exactly an architectural/aesthetic hard on.

I've given directions to many people from out of town at Yonge & Dundas also. Just waiting in line to pick up tickets for a concert at Yonge-Dundas square I was surrounded by a group of tourists lining up to buy tickets for various shows in T.O. (The people behind me from Scotland were buying tickets to We Will Rock You)

Just a visit to the CN Tower will show you how many tourists there really are. They always include a visit to the tower in their trips.

A city's image plays a big roll in attracting tourists. You look at a pictures of New York and you just can't help but be in awe and want to check it out. Toronto isn't exactly an architectural/aesthetic hard on.

New York's image has been crafted over decades and is promoted constantly in movies, TV shows, etc.

Toronto obviously isn't NYC, but it's a cosmopolitan, fast growing city with some interesting architecture of its own.

Like what? I think downtown Toronto is the absolutely mind numbing. It's great if you're a gino. Tons of cheesball clubs. There aren't many sights to see. The waterfront sucks. Queen Street is freak central. Kensington Market is like a really bad rip off of the Lower East Side/Greenwich Village with the addition of cheese and fish reek in the air from the many markets. Toronto has some great old neighbourhoods but our downtown is so lacking. Aside from Bloor, Queen and Yonge there's hardly anything going on.

Are you kidding me? What about Shanghai, Tokyo, New York, London, Paris, Berlin, Rome, Chicago, L.A., etc...Montreal has a much better night atmosphere than Toronto, as does Quebec City

I would never want to live downtown. Definitely not the type of place you'd want to raise a family. North York is much nicer.

I don't have the money to live in New York. The average rent in Manhattan is ridiculous and even Brooklyn and Queens are getting pretty steep.

mystery solved?

Who cares about tourists? How many tourists are there really? It's Toronto, not London or New York. Torontonians would eat at a Harvey's.

You seem to very conveniently forget that all of the immigrants who move to Toronto do have family and friends overseas and those families and friends overseas do visit their rellies and mates in Toronto.

I have no idea what the current numbers are but in the late 80's & early 90's the number of tourists visiting Toronto each year numbered around 20,000,000. I don't know the breakdown between domestic and international tourists.

You may find this difficult to believe, but not everyone in the world uses your criteria for choosing a holiday destination.

...and why would anybody eat at Harveys? Is it the cardboard fries or cowpie burgers with what ever garnish you want that you find so irresistable?

You seem to very conveniently forget that all of the immigrants who move to Toronto do have family and friends overseas and those families and friends overseas do visit their rellies and mates in Toronto.

I have no idea what the current numbers are but in the late 80's & early 90's the number of tourists visiting Toronto each year numbered around 20,000,000. I don't know the breakdown between domestic and international tourists.

You may find this difficult to believe, but not everyone in the world uses your criteria for choosing a holiday destination.

...and why would anybody eat at Harveys? Is is the cardboard fries or cowpie burgers with what ever garnish you want?

Harvey's have the best burgers out of any fast food chain.

There's no way Toronto gets 20 000 000 million tourists a year.

Back