News   Apr 16, 2024
 184     0 
News   Apr 16, 2024
 554     0 
News   Apr 15, 2024
 1.4K     0 

Sam the Record Man Closure

^it's still there and lit up. It's not going anywhere at this point.

I guess whoever buys the building needs to keep it and maintain it in a state of good repair and working.

That's probably why nobody's bought the building yet. It's such a good location that one would think that it would be sold the minute it was put on the market.

Regarding 'buying the building', Ryerson has served notice of their intent to pursue expropriation, haven't they? If that's going to happen, no one is going to line up to get into that legal fracas.

Wasn't Ryerson's acquisition of the building/site a critical part to Sam's closing in the first place? The logistics of actually transfering the land ownership over to Ryerson should just be a matter of process.

I don't think Ryerson was critical to the store closing - the Snidermans just decided that they had lost enough money and it was time to close.

Apparently they had negotiated with Ryerson regarding a purchase of the land, but could not come to terms on the price, hence Ryerson's request for expropriation.

Passed by this morning and saw some guys taking out those white particle board cabinets that held all the CDs and taking them apart in the back lane.

a friend of mine got a bunch of music posters for free yesterday. they were just giving them away.

They should put a restaurant there...maybe a Cracker Barrel or Cheesecake Factory. It would spruce up the corner. With Sam's gone, for lease signs at Frank's Hot Dog and old Future Shop to go...it needs a revamp. It's a shame it sits idle in one of the busiest areas in Canada!

They should put a restaurant there...maybe a Cracker Barrel or Cheesecake Factory. It would spruce up the corner. With Sam's gone, for lease signs at Frank's Hot Dog and old Future Shop to go...it needs a revamp. It's a shame it sits idle in one of the busiest areas in Canada!

How could you put a restaurant in there while maintaining the Sam's signage?

Mmmmm...Cracker Barrel.

We don't have a TGI Friday's. Or an Olive Garden. Or a Ponderosa. Or a Red Robin's. Or a Ruby Tuesday's. Or a Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. The opportunities are endless! Most would fit with the Sam's neon.

And I haven't mentioned In-and-Out. If any US chain opened here, it should.

As much as I would rather see Sam's become anything, anything other than a horrid American 'family restaurant' chain, an In-and-Out would be unbelievable. Those places are fantastic.

Back