187     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 322     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 1.1K     3 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm actually kinda freaked out right now. I mean of all the streets in Toronto how do I end up on the same street as Ford at the same time, especially as I have no reason to be in that street and it was a total fluke I ended up there. That's just really freaky.

That guy is everywhere isn't he?

I'd have crapped bricks if he was that close to me. After all that trash-talking we do here. ;)

Hi folks. Here's a link to a FOIA response from City Hall regarding Jerry filming the public in Council November 18th, courtesy of Mississauga Watch:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/43172810@N00/13984897982/sizes/k

If I'm not mistaken, Mississauga Watch is my old neighbour Don Barber. We lived on the same street and went to the same school. He has been hounding Hazel McCallion for decades. I don't pay much attention to what goes on in Mississauga as I lived there only for a few months when I was a teenager but I'm not sure if M-W is a dedicated democracy defender or a stalker of political figures.

It would be a very bad thing for the Fords if Don turns his attention to them because he has a habit of spending amazing amounts of time and energy researching, protesting, filing FOI's, blogging about and generally making the life of his focus a living hell. If anyone deserves such a relentless spotlight - it's Ford.

Even if the mayor is there, which he won't be. And even if he's sober, which he may or may not be, our Emergency Services will handle any situation, just like they always have. They plan for disaster scenarios that you or I could not even imagine.

If they have a plan for excising the carbuncle that is Ford, now would be a peachy time to reveal it, dontcha think?

If I'm not mistaken, Mississauga Watch is my old neighbour Don Barber. We lived on the same street and went to the same school. He has been hounding Hazel McCallion for decades. I don't pay much attention to what goes on in Mississauga as I lived there only for a few months when I was a teenager but I'm not sure if M-W is a dedicated democracy defender or a stalker of political figures.

It would be a very bad thing for the Fords if Don turns his attention to them because he has a habit of spending amazing amounts of time and energy researching, protesting, filing FOI's, blogging about and generally making the life of his focus a living hell. If anyone deserves such a relentless spotlight - it's Ford.
Maybe he is our guy!
Casita, who is the reporter from Detroit that you like? The one who crawls through sewage to talk about canoeing on paved over rivers etc.
Maybe Don Barber can be like that guy: someone who shines a light on everything once and for all.

Fun article. Is Goldsbie's writing always that... flowery? "pointillist dot filling in a corner of a canvas splashed with the family and social dynamics" Yikes dude, where'd you go to school that your prof didn't smack you with red ink for that particular construction? How unnecessary.

Still, he makes a good point, Ford Nation are outsiders and they know it. Good for us, I suppose.

I believe that person also used to post here and was banned. If it wasn't here, than it was Skyscrapercity.

Fun article. Is Goldsbie's writing always that... flowery? "pointillist dot filling in a corner of a canvas splashed with the family and social dynamics" Yikes dude, where'd you go to school that your prof didn't smack you with red ink for that particular construction? How unnecessary.

Still, he makes a good point, Ford Nation are outsiders and they know it. Good for us, I suppose.
I usually only read Goldsbie on twitter, where he can't be verbose.
I thought it was neat that he summarized FN in almost the same way that nyc boy did with his lumpenproletariat quote.

That's a piss poor response. There was a lot of filming going on that day - I was in council chambers and watching the whole thing unfold, horrified. @goldsbie I think compiled a sequence of several media & personal videos which gave a pretty good account of the entire mess. I can't locate it. But Rob was absolutely heckling the citizens in attendance and Jerry was filming to his orders. I thought about filing a complaint and then just got busy, damn, now I wish I'd taken the time to do it.

It was Ev Delen. I was there that day, too. Right in the front row.

[video=youtube_share;00iehQ21O2w]http://youtu.be/00iehQ21O2w[/video]

I'm actually kinda freaked out right now. I mean of all the streets in Toronto how do I end up on the same street as Ford at the same time, especially as I have no reason to be in that street and it was a total fluke I ended up there. That's just really freaky.

Imagine how freaked out folks in the neighbourhood were when they answered the knock at their door

It was Ev Delen. I was there that day, too. Right in the front row.

[video=youtube_share;00iehQ21O2w]http://youtu.be/00iehQ21O2w[/video]

Can jerry be charged?

Let me rephrase, can any subject being filmed by jerry, please charge him....not ford, but jerry himself?

There is method to my suggestion!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back