357     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 456     2 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 1.3K     3 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm actually kinda freaked out right now. I mean of all the streets in Toronto how do I end up on the same street as Ford at the same time, especially as I have no reason to be in that street and it was a total fluke I ended up there. That's just really freaky.

I'm actually kinda freaked out right now. I mean of all the streets in Toronto how do I end up on the same street as Ford at the same time, especially as I have no reason to be in that street and it was a total fluke I ended up there. That's just really freaky.

It's because you are the Super UT sleuth. Don't try and deny your destiny!
Didn't you do other sleuthing as well? Was it about the campaign office?
You could have witnessed some drug trafficking in action!
Although, aren't usually white vans used for spying purposes (in this sleuthing world)?
I know some guys who used to be involved in animal rights activism, and their places got bugged after white vans were outside all day.

It's a sign that you should have followed them!

In another context tonight, I posted an interesting what-if question: what if, perhaps fueled by Ford Nation furor and/or fear, World Pride was struck by a Boston Marathon-type disaster? And on top of that, how would the Fords handle that kind of emergency situation, particularly if they're branded (however indirectly) as being part-"culpable"?

Now, if *anything* can plummet Toronto into a state of municipal civil war--*that* could.

I think I used to have a client on that street! You're right about the sleepy neighbourhood. I had heard he was going to be in Scarborough and told my mom not to answer the door if anyone knocks!

It's because you are the Super UT sleuth. Don't try and deny your destiny!
Didn't you do other sleuthing as well? Was it about the campaign office?
You could have witnessed some drug trafficking in action!
Although, aren't usually white vans used for spying purposes (in this sleuthing world)?
I know some guys who used to be involved in animal rights activism, and their places got bugged after white vans were outside all day.
yeah, I admit I was going to just 'swing past' the campaign office, just for a peek... but still. It's so crazy. Maybe I am destined to witness something! :eek:

as to the white van, it wasn't all white -- it had decals and images on it, some company. I was too frazzled to get the business name except I swear I saw the word "Manila". There are some Filipino restaurants in Scarborough, maybe some do catering.

Or maybe the word was "Vanilla" :p I was trying to take in everything, take a photo, not look suspicious and not crash into anything all at the same time while driving. Clearly I need more practice.

Not Ford-related but since we've discussed both the Commissos and LIUNA on here:

Cosimo Commisso link to Toronto construction firm prompts union to ask for police probe
Labourers' union asks for investigation of Construction Labour Force in wake of CBC-Toronto Star questions

If you read the following, from the nephew, in a Tony S. voice, that's the gist:

"He's my uncle, and if I need advice or if I need help in certain situations when his expertise will come in handy, then he will advise me," he said. "Dealing with employees, just everyday situations that occur on the job."

Not Ford-related but since we've discussed both the Commissos and LIUNA on here:

Cosimo Commisso link to Toronto construction firm prompts union to ask for police probe
Labourers' union asks for investigation of Construction Labour Force in wake of CBC-Toronto Star questions

Google John Evans and CCWIPP for more rabbit hole entertainment. I did a double-take seeing him now running defense for LIUNA. There are a couple other names in the article you will enjoy googling as well.

Re Ford: not a surprise that he's in Scarborough tonight since he said he would be. I'm more interested in him driving/texting...more illegal behaviour. Boring illegal behaviour, I know, but still...

Hi folks. Here's a link to a FOIA response from City Hall regarding Jerry filming the public in Council November 18th, courtesy of Mississauga Watch:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/43172810@N00/13984897982/sizes/k

That's a piss poor response. There was a lot of filming going on that day - I was in council chambers and watching the whole thing unfold, horrified. @goldsbie I think compiled a sequence of several media & personal videos which gave a pretty good account of the entire mess. I can't locate it. But Rob was absolutely heckling the citizens in attendance and Jerry was filming to his orders. I thought about filing a complaint and then just got busy, damn, now I wish I'd taken the time to do it.

Joe Ieradi, for one.

I was trying to play nice. ;)

Toronto Star version is out... http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/...n_linked_to_firm_with_alleged_mafia_ties.html

I do have my own fantasy Ford connection theory that I might as well lay out here... what if you had a "man of the people" who you could call up for help because he returns calls and is working in your best interest. What if instead all you were really doing was providing this man with valuable information that would be used in upper-level 'negotiations' and deals (some possibly caught on tape). These deal would minimally (or not at all) benefit the little guy, but could benefit the big guy(s) enormously, financially or as 'insurance'.

Which is a much more logical thing to do than raising the legal drinking age.

Funny how times change. People, not so much.

When I was a kid, you could smoke at just about any age. Legally I guess it was 16. But, I used to just say they were for my mother. Or, simply use the vending machine at the donut shop. No questions asked.

Now what is it to buy smokes? 19? And no more vending machines.

Alcohol, on the other hand, you had to be 21 to buy it back then. ( Although when I turned 18 I could legally buy booze in Ontario ) They still didn't have the self-serve "boutique" style stores though. The man still had to give it to you.

But, I'm not an expert. Just one of the guys they used to send to clean up the mess and pick up the pieces.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back