468     2 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 1.3K     3 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, memories (courtesy of RFMG):
http://www.nowtoronto.com/news/story.cfm?content=192712
edit: turns out the caller "Pam" passed away a couple of days ago.
RIP, Pam.

Plenty of Doug spin in that article. Pam asks if that was Rob in a picture with a drug dealer. Doug tells her that she's racist, commenting about two black youth. Except that Pam didn't mention two black youth, she just said drug dealer, so who's jumping to racist conclusions, Doug?

What is the over-arching Fordian interest in TCHC? Aside from passive, vertical vote-delivery blocs, of course. Is it asset sell-off to politically interested Vaughn-izens? Ferris Wheels, Monorails and MegaMalls? Did they take out their 'Risk' board (Toronto version) and start playing Stratego?

'Cuz with Gene "The Dean" Jones in charge, it's definitely not concern for the residents. In a sane polity, this "Hey, honey, here's your raise. Here's yours! You:? Fired! Hey, you....Rob says...(Staffer tremulously awaits fate)...you're good people. Raise! We clear? Okay, then. Y'all still standing, let's get this paaaahty staaahted!"

Lordy, the after-the-fact suggests Gene Jones should have been a non-starter from the get-go. Cripey. One senses the Ford interest in TCHC is more than crack and cockroaches.

RIP, Pam.

Plenty of Doug spin in that article. Pam asks if that was Rob in a picture with a drug dealer. Doug tells her that she's racist, commenting about two black youth. Except that Pam didn't mention two black youth, she just said drug dealer, so who's jumping to racist conclusions, Doug?

What about this?

"Rob has taken thousands of pictures with young black men, with their hats on, with their little funny signs and everything else,"

That's completely infantilizing the stereotype he is projecting onto "young black men". It's pretty hilarious how racist Doug is when calling people racist.

What is the over-arching Fordian interest in TCHC? Aside from passive, vertical vote-delivery blocs, of course. Is it asset sell-off to politically interested Vaughn-izens? Ferris Wheels, Monorails and MegaMalls? Did they take out their 'Risk' board (Toronto version) and start playing Stratego?

'Cuz with Gene "The Dean" Jones in charge, it's definitely not concern for the residents. In a sane polity, this "Hey, honey, here's your raise. Here's yours! You:? Fired! Hey, you....Rob says...(Staffer tremulously awaits fate)...you're good people. Raise! We clear? Okay, then. Y'all still standing, let's get this paaaahty staaahted!"

Lordy, the after-the-fact suggests Gene Jones should have been a non-starter from the get-go. Cripey. One senses the Ford interest in TCHC is more than crack and cockroaches.
Since he always said his tchc visits were 'constituent related', I always thought he was getting people signed up to sell drugs for him. Or buy drugs.
There is something definitely fishy about RoFo visiting the 'towers'.

Last edited:
What about this?

"Rob has taken thousands of pictures with young black men, with their hats on, with their little funny signs and everything else,"

That's completely infantilizing the stereotype he is projecting onto "young black men". It's pretty hilarious how racist Doug is when calling people racist.

This. This reminds me of how much of an a-hole Doug is. Rob is dumb and addicted, but he's got this jerk leading him around. RIP "Pam"/Chris.

So the Toronto Port Authority has run into snags in the tunnel-to-the-jetport project.

"Just days after the Toronto Port Authority said a harsh winter would push completion of the island airport tunnel into 2015, it was revealed other problems were known as far back as summer 2012 when digging began."

And what is their excuse for the belated revelation?

"The port authority says it would have mentioned the other delays but wasn’t asked about them specifically."

YOU DIDN'T ASK THE RIGHT QUESTION!!!

Now THAT'S leadership; thank you Rob Ford, for setting the tone in This Great City.

Home now :p

ok I was driving through an area northeast of Don Mills & Lawrence to check out some apt/townhouse rentals, and I got lost in an area I've never been in. I ended up getting out at Vic Park &Ellesmere, so I decided to just go east a bit and pass by the Ford campaign office since I was already nearby. Just for the heck of it. ;) So I go down Warden and take a left on a street called Manhattan (sounds swanky, right? ;) it's not though). I wanted to end up on the street just east of Wexford plaza -- and I now see I was actually on the right path!!!

But anyways Manhattan went nowhere so I turn down Ellington and I see large men in black suits on a lawn, which is quite out of place in this sleepy residential street of modest bungalows. There are 4 or 5 people in total, and 2 men are really big. One is black and the other is wider and white and I can't believe it! I think "NO WAY!" as I pass the black SUV. I use my rear-view mirror to check the license plate -- it's Ford's !! Drove down a fair distance, then parked and made my first post here.

Turned around and went back because I didn't think they'd really noticed me the first time. And I really was lost (LOL) so makes sense to go back the way I came, right. By this time there's a white van that's pulled into the middle of the street just a bit ahead of Ford's parked SUV. Actually..., I can't pass because they are blocking the road. A woman and Jerry are taking cellphone pics as Ford seems to be putting something on the van's bumper (probably a bumper sticker). They are cheering or something ?? I notice Mikey's there as well. I'm now waiting patiently to be able to pass!! I don't honk my horn, neither do I smile or wave. I don't really want to attract attention (and I certainly don't want to be mistaken for a supporter -- god forbid he slap a bumper sticker on my car!).

But I did take a pic. At that point it seemed weird not to take a pic. But my phone took too long to actually snap it -- I was already pulling the phone down when it went off. :( My fail pic below:
NkJimJo.jpg

Then I got the f*ck out of there. I hope Jerry didn't record my license plate.

Why Rob Ford won't win re-election: Hepburn

With Ford, voters like the message but hate the behaviour. With Chow, voters like the behaviour but are wary about her message on spending. With Tory, they like the behaviour but aren’t sure of the message.

If Tory and Chow can convince voters they are serious about cutting waste, then they will blunt any pipe dream Ford has about expanding his voter base back to where it was in 2010.

No doubt, Ford will remain a big factor in the race because of his message. At the same time, election campaigns really do matter, as Tory knows from his failed 2003 mayoral bid.

Hi folks. Here's a link to a FOIA response from City Hall regarding Jerry filming the public in Council November 18th, courtesy of Mississauga Watch:

So, from the accompanying Flickr pics, if The Driver was merely 'personally interested' The Drivee seemed to have a personal -maybe too personal - stake in the whole thing. Rob's taunt face is a thing to behold. It's like you can hear him saying "Yeah? You wanna go? You wanna go? Step outside mothe...". It's an escalation of the John Barber thing from those days long ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back