457     2 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 1.3K     3 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Juiceman

Metro News re the ITO:

In the early morning hours immediately after news broke of a video showing Toronto Mayor Rob Ford smoking what appeared to be crack cocaine, the mayor’s friend and occasional driver, Alexander Lisi, called someone named “Juiceman.”

Lisi phoned the mystery person at 1:44 a.m. May 17, according to new information in a police document released Wednesday. Police recorded that the call lasted 39 seconds.

There were more calls between 2 a.m. and 11 a.m., in which Lisi spoke to someone police believe was possibly “Juiceman” for almost four minutes.

Though the new details do not reveal who Juiceman is, they show that Lisi had spoken to the same person a month earlier, on April 20 — the day Ford reportedly lost his cellphone at a community event in South Etobicoke, where he was picking up garbage with most of his staff.

The document identifies Juiceman as being involved in Project Traveller, a probe that had police listening in on alleged guns and drug smugglers between Toronto and Windsor, and which culminated in several raids in June. That sweep focused largely on a Dixon Rd. apartment complex that has since become a central backdrop to the scandal over the Ford video.

Last edited by a moderator:
If anything, I could see him being a mole working for the cops rather than being a cop himself.

images.jpeg

Attachments

• images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    10.6 KB · Views: 813
http://fullcomment.nationalpost.com/2014/04/23/matt-gurney-rob-ford-enables-the-gravy-train/

Interesting comment left:

"This is well done Matt.

I have been saying this for 12 years having lived in Ford's ward for a long time when he was a councilman. (I do not anymore)
Rob Ford uses the illusion of looking out for people, when in reality he could care less about you or me. What Rob Ford cares about is himself and only himself. He cries bloody murder at everyone else for things he does too, but when confronted with them, he changes the message to create a false problem in an attempt to cloud the issue and mitigate his own greed and corruption.
As sad as that his, what is even more depressing is a handful of less than intelligent people fall for his lunacy.
On a side note, when he was the councilor of my ward, I had to get a restraining order against him so he would no longer come onto my property uninvited, stemming from an incident where he showed up wasted and when politely asked to leave, he let the expletives fly and threatened both my wife and four year old daughter.

Ford has no business weighing in on any city issues, he in reality should be in prison rehab."

WTF.

http://fullcomment.nationalpost.com/2014/04/23/matt-gurney-rob-ford-enables-the-gravy-train/

"This is well done Matt.

I have been saying this for 12 years having lived in Ford's ward for a long time when he was a councilman. (I do not anymore)
Rob Ford uses the illusion of looking out for people, when in reality he could care less about you or me. What Rob Ford cares about is himself and only himself. He cries bloody murder at everyone else for things he does too, but when confronted with them, he changes the message to create a false problem in an attempt to cloud the issue and mitigate his own greed and corruption.
As sad as that his, what is even more depressing is a handful of less than intelligent people fall for his lunacy.
On a side note, when he was the councilor of my ward, I had to get a restraining order against him so he would no longer come onto my property uninvited, stemming from an incident where he showed up wasted and when politely asked to leave, he let the expletives fly and threatened both my wife and four year old daughter.

Ford has no business weighing in on any city issues, he in reality should be in prison rehab."

WTF.

I've thought for some time that Ford's approach to problems is basically to see himself as the only one capable of fixing things (or hooking you up with this guy he knows, etc.) while at the same time working to undermine things in order to be able to seize control of them. Your friendly neighbourhood proponent of disaster capitalism.

That restraining order might make for interesting reading but I suppose these things are not accessible.

Maybe he is our guy!
Casita, who is the reporter from Detroit that you like? The one who crawls through sewage to talk about canoeing on paved over rivers etc.
Maybe Don Barber can be like that guy: someone who shines a light on everything once and for all.

You might want to do a google search on barber before declaring him "our guy". ;)

"This is well done Matt.

WTF.

OK all you keyboard sleuths....

Get cracking on this Ford restraining order! Sorry dude, you let this info out and some genius reporter is gonna dig!

I won't!

I believe that person also used to post here and was banned. If it wasn't here, than it was Skyscrapercity.

That jives with what I remember about him. I'm trying to word my comments carefully as he's not a public figure but it would probably be best not to take him too seriously.

I've thought for some time that Ford's approach to problems is basically to see himself as the only one capable of fixing things (or hooking you up with this guy he knows, etc.) while at the same time working to undermine things in order to be able to seize control of them. Your friendly neighbourhood proponent of disaster capitalism.

That restraining order might make for interesting reading but I suppose these things are not accessible.

Court files are accessible unless sealed (which is very rare). However, if one accepts the story, a file that old is going to be deep in off-site storage and very hard to search for -especially when you do not know whether the so-called restraining order is an injunction issued in a civil action for trespass (Mr. X v. Ford) or a so-called peace bond issued in a prosecution for trespass (The Queen v. Ford).

Last edited:
Court files are accessible unless sealed (which is very rare). However, if one accepts the story, a file that old is going to be deep in off-site storage and very hard to search for -especially when you do not know whether the so-called restraining order is an injunction issued in a civil action for trespass (Mr. X v. Ford) or a so-called peace bond issued in a prosecution for trespass (The Queen v. Ford).

In addition it would be difficult to search for if it wasn't true. Not saying that's the case as I certainly believe robbie is capable of such behaviour. It's just odd that someone who is not a Ford supporter would just casually mention this in the comments page of the Post, but who knows.

pud99:

One would think we don't have the capacity for that - but media outlets certainly would?

AoD

Yes. It is a matter of manual slogging. There will be nothing on-line from the courts. I'm don't know how far back the on-line archives of the newspapers go (versus the microfilmed ones) - not to mention that, even if the story is true, it may never have made it into a newspaper substantial enough to have an archive of any sort, if into any newspaper at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back