132     0 
News   Jun 27, 2024
 94     0 
News   Jun 27, 2024
 494     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
John Lancaster @ CBC is reporting that man beside Ford during latest announcement was a new criminal defence lawyer.

Was hotmail lawyer actually a criminal defense lawyer? Don't you only have these when you've been accused of committing a crime?

Screen Shot 2013-11-07 at 4.43.20 PM.jpg

Nailed it? Or am I still getting trolled. Hard to tell...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-11-07 at 4.43.20 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-11-07 at 4.43.20 PM.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 663
We are still at it CN Tower? Considering what we have seen the last few days, it will be awhile yet before anyone reaches the temerity of his worship.

AoD

At what? I've repeated said I think he should resign or take a long leave of absence now. But this video doesn't seem to be anything but an invasion of privacy.

I would make same argument for an accused murderer, ie it's not remotely incriminating.

MetroMan:

I would be curious how such temporary legislation will keep those two from running in 2014 though.

AoD

It won't. However, I believe it's only temporary as in Queens Park will debate a more permanent solution that would go into effect in 2014. If Ford were somehow re-elected and returned the City back to this embarrassing state of affairs, that new Council might consider removing him again.

By the 2018 election, ranked ballots will be in effect and nobody this polarizing could be elected again. Ford could never get 50% +1 of the vote.

Doug however is free to be a lonewolf councillor that nobody will work with once Rob is out of office. I admit that Doug could win a provincial seat in Etobicoke or Scarborough and that Rob would likely win his council seat back if he runs but I don't think we'll ever see him in such a position of power again. If so, this whole experience will have been worth it. Growing pains of a city.

MetroMan,

What kind of time frame as we looking for in terms of getting Minnan-Wong's proposal passed and a response by the premier?

Couple of typical braindead Ford Nation types toward the end of that piece. "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone." So the Mayor of Toronto can do ANYTHING and we are not supposed to judge it?

That is silly, I think it is more to do with equal sin than anything. Otherwise, our Judges won't be able to judge.

So, yeah I have never done crack, or ditch work to meet up with gang members or drink, so I will cast my judgement :)

I honestly think that Wynne doing this could hurt the Liberals, at the provincial level. It sucks, but - if Ford Nation finds this as a reason to turn up in droves to vote for Hudak, it's entirely possible she won't stand a chance. It'll give Doug a ten-foot tall soapbox to preach from.

But it really does seem like it needs to be done, at this point...

I guess here is where it gets tricky. On one hand, chances are Ford Nation was never going to vote for Wynne anyways, but you are right that it may anger them so they may vote Hudak even if they do not like him.

I think Wynne should keep a low profile (as she is trying to do) until pressure really gets turned up, then play the 'force my hand' card. Wynne (and also Harper) are really enjoying this because it is taking away from their own issues (Gas Plants, Senate); best they just use it to their benefit and stay out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back