664     3 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 830     1 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 620     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's not underestimate how this may affect the way that people view him. Saying that he smokes X or Y or that he associates with W or Z is actually rather abstract for a lot of 'regular' people to care about.

Many simply think 'I'm friends with Joe who is awful, and I tried ecstasy once, so what? That don't make me bad.'

But watching Ford's arms flailing, his violent manners, it's scary. And this is at someone else's home! Imagine having that guy in your living room. This tape may be more significant in bringing him down than we UTers may perceive. After all, most of Ford Nation said they loved him 'cause he was approachable. The video shows him as anything but.
Agreed.

The guy comes to your house for a constituent meeting, to help you with a pothole or whatever, and this is what you get?

The sad thing about all of this — especially the continued support RoFo's receiving — is that I'm finding it difficult to escape the conclusion that Toronto is a city in decline. Not irreversibly, but I think this city is going to get worse before it gets better.

The suburbs have been in decline for decades. Mississauga is heading there as well. Old Toronto is booming, but being dragged down by those in the 'burbs whose lives keep getting worse and are desperate for simple answers to complex problems.

We are still at it CN Tower? Considering what we have seen the last few days, it will be awhile yet before anyone reaches the temerity of his worship.

AoD

Im told that Denzil Minan-Wong's motion has near unanimous support. Besides Doug and Rob of course, there are two holdouts that most likely will make up their minds and join the motion by next week.

Ford is finished. These are indeed extraordinary circumstances and the Province will comply with Council's request. I'm told that to avoid poor optics, Premier Wynne may sign temporary legislation that will allow City Council to remove the Mayor. That would take the decision away from her and council would have to make the final vote to remove the mayor. That's going to be one council session for the books!

The sad thing about all of this — especially the continued support RoFo's receiving — is that I'm finding it difficult to escape the conclusion that Toronto is a city in decline. Not irreversibly, but I think this city is going to get worse before it gets better.

Nonsense. N. Etobicoke voters just need an enema.

CN Tower, Do you really think Ford is the victim here? Do you really think he is no different than Trudeau smoking pot or Layton getting a happy ending massage? Really? (PS. I don't believe the latter for a second and it was nicely explained why earlier in this thread by someone else. Here's a good code to live by: One unsubstantiated rumour gets the benefit of the doubt. A shitload of circumstantial evidence to support the rumour and it becomes a pattern of behaviour. There have been NO other stories about Layton, but we were all right about Ford here, no?)

Im told that Denzil Minan-Wong's motion has near unanimous support. Besides Doug and Rob of course, there are two holdouts that most likely will make up their minds and join the motion by next week.

Ford is finished. These are indeed extraordinary circumstances and the Province will comply with Council's request. I'm told that to avoid poor optics, Premier Wynne may sign temporary legislation that will allow City Council to remove the Mayor. That would take the decision away from her and council would have to make the final vote to remove the mayor. That's going to be one council session for the books!

I'm really liking her... she seems to have a real steady hand through all of this. It's like the sober reasoning of "Premier Mom"...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back