320     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 500     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 620     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
And there is more important work to be done at council today.

Important work like this:

Don Peat @reporterdonpeat
Council votes 35 to 7 to name Sherbourne Street bike lanes after Alan Milliken Heisey #TOpoli

Council seems to have a renaming fetish lately. Not long ago there was a Nelson Mandela vote, a proposal to rename union station, and don't get me started on Pioneer Village station.

Council seems to have a renaming fetish lately. Not long ago there was a Nelson Mandela vote, and a proposal to rename union station.

I am not sure why we should name it after someone currently living and represents the city in some capacity, for one.

AoD

Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 2m2 minutes ago
Council votes 39 to 2 to approve of staff's move (already happening) to open up more motel shelter spaces. Ford & Mammoliti vote no #TOpoli

Ford earlier called the motel rooms "luxurious."

Council seems to have a renaming fetish lately. Not long ago there was a Nelson Mandela vote, a proposal to rename union station, and don't get me started on Pioneer Village station.

Nothing against Heisey, but I'd rather they put the time and effort into fixing the Sherbourne lanes so they truly are separated. A garbage truck bashed its way into it and a cop on Twitter was claiming that was a legitimate way of working.

Well he has been told to leave by Nunzi and he is invoking "the taxpayer" and stonewalling. Can we just get security to throw him out so that the adults can work?

AoD

Time to call security!

GraphicMatt 3:58pm via Echofon
Ford is refusing to leave, yelling about respecting taxpayers and such. Nunziata asks him to leave again. He again says no.

Ford earlier called the motel rooms "luxurious."
The motels are horrible. They have used some of them on Kingston Road in Scarborough for a long time and I think Cynthia Mulligan earlier stated she and a camera crew went to one and there was black mold on the walls. Ford is just being an asshole today, no different than any other council meeting. The Rob Ford Must Go twitter account has been going crazy with media retweets.

Time to call security!

GraphicMatt 3:58pm via Echofon
Ford is refusing to leave, yelling about respecting taxpayers and such. Nunziata asks him to leave again. He again says no.

"If council wants to kick me out, I want a recorded vote" Rob Ford #TOpoli

Council votes 29 to 4 to uphold the speaker's ruling to remove Rob Ford #TOpoli

Giorgio Mammoliti walks out of the council chamber with Rob Ford as a joint protest #TOpoli

Gord Perks ‏@gordperks 8m8 minutes ago
Speaker Nunziata was cool and firm and fair in a hard moment. If asked today I would change my vote and support her for Speaker.

I was never a fan of Nunzi as Speaker last term, but she has definitely taken to heart the criticism that was voiced at the start of this term. A big improvement. And not just by booting Ford (that's just a bonus)...she is calmer, more firm

I was never a fan of Nunzi as Speaker last term, but she has definitely taken to heart the criticism that was voiced at the start of this term. A big improvement. And not just by booting Ford (that's just a bonus)...she is calmer, more firm

Helps that her "boss" is no longer a sociopath. There is no clearer demonstration of the role of the chief magistrate - set the tenor of council.

AoD

Last edited:
So, it seems that Mammo is the only remaining ally for Ford now. People who had supported him in the past wanted him to be kicked out of the chamber.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back