2.2K     2 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 1.4K     1 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 572     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
We could discuss the optics of last night's episode wherein cancer boy stands outside of polling stations like a third world despot. Was anyone passing out twenties?

Boss_Tweed,_The brains.jpg

Attachments

• Boss_Tweed,_The brains.jpg
    Boss_Tweed,_The brains.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 749
I found this interesting.

June 13, 2011

1. He’s worried this job will kill him
Talk to the mayor, councillor. Despite being on the job for little over six months, the 260-pounder is worried that the go-go-go pace of being a city councillor is going to break him. He won’t even commit to running again in 2014 (yikes!), telling the Globe: “I know one thing, I don’t want to be reading my obituary in the newspaper, and this place may very well kill me if I go much longer.â€
http://www.torontolife.com/informer/toronto-politics/2011/06/13/globe-doug-ford/

We should be so lucky.

You say that ... but the only place I've seen dog (literally) on the menu was in Seoul. And the only people I've know to have eaten dog, also took place in Korea.

So, is it a stereotype, and have I just not noticed it on the menu in other countries?

I like to say stereotype because not everyone eats dog in Korea since there are ready alternatives these days. Asian cultures, not unlike others, have "exotic" (at least from some outsiders perspective) proteins in their meals. I have heard of dog used in meals in other countries, not just Asian ones.

On a side note, equine is popular in France, it freaks some people but protein is protein.

We could discuss the optics of last night's episode wherein cancer boy stands outside of polling stations like a third world despot. Was anyone passing out twenties?

3rd world despots usually have hired goons for that. It's heart warming that Rob still believes in the personal touch by showing up in person, now that's great customer service. It's a stupid law anyway, only elitists pinkos would want a voting area to be a neutral place. You know who that benefits don't ya? The people that buys off all these pack of wolves, I know how these things works folks. Nobody puts Rob in a corner!

I like to say stereotype because not everyone eats dog in Korea since there are ready alternatives these days. Asian cultures, not unlike others, have "exotic" (at least from some outsiders perspective) proteins in their meals. I have heard of dog used in meals in other countries, not just Asian ones.
I'm curious where? I was quite surprised at at being so mainstream in Seoul (at least in terms of prominence on a main street - not perhaps in terms of popularity, which I have no way of judging).

Not that I have anything against eating dogs ... horses. Though I've been told dog tastes a lot like a wet dog smells. So doesn't particularly strike my fancy.

I fully expect Ford and Chow to conduct themselves in the same manner as Clint Eastwood at the Republican Convention..

You say that ... but the only place I've seen dog (literally) on the menu was in Seoul. And the only people I've know to have eaten dog, also took place in Korea.

So, is it a stereotype, and have I just not noticed it on the menu in other countries?

The Chinese did, at least in the southern parts. It is considered a delicacy. Allegedly keeps out the cold. With the rise of pet ownership in recent years, I'd imagine a serious backlash for restaurants with this item on the menu.

I'm curious where? I was quite surprised at at being so mainstream in Seoul (at least in terms of prominence on a main street - not perhaps in terms of popularity, which I have no way of judging).

Not that I have anything against eating dogs ... horses. Though I've been told dog tastes a lot like a wet dog smells. So doesn't particularly strike my fancy.

Parts of China and Vietnam include dog in meals, outside of Asian countries, parts of Oceania, West Africa, and Europe also use dog as protein.

To some. One definition of a vegetarian, is "one who doesn't eat meat, and sometimes other animal products." I copied that verbatim.

From where? When you google that exact phrase, you get no hits, so you obviously haven't copied it verbatim (Latin for "word for word").

Ari is there...but not allowed on the podium.

There's some things in Goldkind's policies that for me are sticking points, but in general I think he's at least a fresh and lively candidate. Why is he not allowed on the podium, when someone like Doug *ahem Screwjob Switcheroo cough Parachute Candidate ahem* oh my sorry for the cough there. As I was saying, why is Goldkind not allowed on the podium, when Doug seems afforded way more courtesy for some reason. Almost looks like there's some kind of elitism or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back