805     0 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 767     0 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 1.3K     3 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was what caught my eye more than anything, "1. He’s worried this job will kill him".

I guess he's referring to stress.

I've never met Doug personally, but from what I have seen on TV, he seems ( to me at least ) more the type: "I don't get ulcers, I give them." ;)

"has described himself as a "hammer" or "enforcer"
https://twitter.com/reporterdonpeat/status/514818100165103616

In my I've never known a man with either of those nicknames.

I have, and they also belonged to a family of businessmen.

Last edited:
The Globe as in the editorial board or the Thompson family?
We seem to be forever getting this wrong. It's the Thomson family. Roy Thomson Hall. Sarah Thomson. Michael Thompson. Saw a graphic on the local CBC news about a month ago that said Roy Thompson Hall.

Do the Thomson's have anything to do with the Globe anymore? I thought it was now Bell Globe Media.

I wondered how it was that Sarah Thomson's husband was related to the newspaper/AGO Thomsons. I couldn't find any connection. But when I was reading about the Rosedale Golf Club the other day, I noticed that one of the listed prominent members was a Thomson who formerly headed up one the banks. So maybe she married into that family.

So, if/when Doug loses, I wonder if instead of saying "I lost, congrats to ___," he will give a doomsday speech about how Toronto is doomed.

That's up to the vegetarian though. Some do, some don't. There's no universal code or anything ... I've even seen a self-identified "vegetarian" happily down a lobster they saw cooked from live that makes even a meat-lover like me feel guilt because in their world, shell-fish isn't meat.

In older times, anything that came from the water was considered a fish, including beavers. Made for a much heartier Good Friday meal, back-in-tha-day.

Just because a self proclaimed vegetarian eats lobster and calls themselves a vegetarian doesn't make them one. I could call myself a vegan even though I eat dairy, eggs and honey but I'm not a vegan.

I've seen the word "pescatarian" thrown around too....also know people who call themselves vegetarian yet will eat fish and poultry....let's never, ever talk about gluten free...

A lot of gelatin is actually from horse bones.

Not true, at least not for human consumption; Pig and beef bones and hides are the primary sources. Pigs produce a lot of the gelatine we eat. Horses? Perhaps for other uses, like special effects prosthetics and ballistics testing, but not so much for humans.

I've seen the word "pescatarian" thrown around too....also know people who call themselves vegetarian yet will eat fish and poultry....let's never, ever talk about gluten free...

My wife and I are flexitarians. We allow ourselves to eat meat only on the weekends or special occasions. That said, we do so more for environmental and health reasons than ethics. Not everyone who calls themselves a vegetarian does so because they avert meat.

Just because a self proclaimed vegetarian eats lobster and calls themselves a vegetarian doesn't make them one. I could call myself a vegan even though I eat dairy, eggs and honey but I'm not a vegan.
Surely any vegetarian is self-proclaimed. Some are just social meat eaters. Some break their vows. And some aren't concerned about eating Jello.

Not all are vegetarians because of "ethics". It would be interesting to poll "vegetarians" and see how many avoid Jello or Worcestershire Sauce (anchovies - at least in the genuine stuff).

So, if/when Doug loses, I wonder if instead of saying "I lost, congrats to ___," he will give a doomsday speech about how Toronto is doomed.

Maybe it will be something like this? Though I have to give Ric Flair the edge over Doug Ford in truth telling. At least Ric admits he's born with a golden spoon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oRWMgLHgJY

"Hey Tory, you wanna be the man? You gotta beat, the man! Woooo!"

Cast my vote today, fairly busy but fast, got my ballot and done my bidness in about 5 minutes. I spent more time in traffic getting to the place.

ps. Maybe Doug can move to Chicago after all this, and as LDavenport mentioned iirc, maybe have a new show there possibly with Jesse Ventura. The Ford bros. had that massively successful Sun Network show "Ford Nation", and that huge following on youtube. Boffo collabo in Chicago for Dofo.

All of them a bit over the top (though Doug Ford's the most so by far...gravy and all, yoicks) - seems appropriate for political offerings, but leaves me feeling vaguely bilious, just reading.

:p :D

The Doug Ford Burger

“Three types of meat (bacon, chicken and beef) as well as the heavy portion of cheddar represent Doug Ford’s
‘robust’ personality. In addition to that, the chicken also symbolizes the high amount of Doug Ford sightings in chicken-serving establishments. The side of gravy represents the concept of the Ford brothers’ ‘gravy train.’â€

The Fords are all about food! Some obviously eat the wrong sort and too much of it, like Kathy and Mikey. Rob does that *and* can offend others at the same time, by flipping the bird or insults in patois.

At Doug's house, they are similarly obsessed with food but for opposite reasons. They fight the Ford fat gene with religious fervour.

Ford fake religion has taken us down the road of looking for Kosher vegan gelatin.

Restaurants the world over are serving meals named after Rob or Doug, and AFAIK there is still a Rob Ford cookbook in the works, but maybe they'll now have to add a chapter for Doug. "Wegan Weasel", anyone?

Google Doug Ford and you may find a name sake bartender who seems to make tasty libations not seen since the heyday of Suite 1735 @ the Royal York Hotel.

Plenty to eat, indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back