1.4K     1 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 540     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm probably reading this wrong but do they take needing to raise funds as a sign of weakness in your opinion?
Not raising funds...the lack of capacity to do so...even the blurb they had on about the $75. a plater has been removed...I'm inclined to think they fear showing the minimal support D Ford seems to have in the general populus and hope a Kumbia vision of unanimity on the site will carry the day as well as links to sympathetic bloggers eg Miroslav Minorov

Also I would love if you could summarize your view on John Sewell. Some earlier posts have me searching his books and concepts. Smart guy, poor mayor? Im not trolling. I sincerely respect your previous posts and feel we are over policed and that at least Sewell is not afraid of broaching the topic.

I always figured John Sewell was the wrong guy to pick up Crombie's baton, I thought it should have been Karl Jaffray who took the run. He was a little more pragmatic a little less strident.
Sewell was more in your face, in other words R Ford from the left.
He along with Crombie, Jaffray and others championed the 45ft height bylaw...this was after the TD, RBC and other buildings had been approved downtown..this stifled Toronto development for many years...
Sewell was more than willing to take on the police for no other reason than he could, he also was instrumental in bringing the gay community into the mainstream of discussion.
There were great strides made under Sewell for "Cityhome" the city's precursor to TCHC.
Sewell's biggest competitors for the mayorship were Tony O'Donohue (2) really a very weak contender and David Smith (3) thereby splitting the Pragamist/Conservative vote allowing Sewell to sneak through..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back