1.4K     1 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 540     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has his expensive fundraiser happened yet? I seem to think it's this Monday. I wonder if it's been cancelled so they've removed it.

Does anyone have an up to date link of upcoming debates?

I dont know how to link but ACTRA Toronto's site has a list. Doug's site still advertising a fundraising banquet at national restaurant tomorrow at 5. Tickets are 250$

Last edited:
Has anybody heard the absurd attack ad from Ford to Tory? At the end of the ad the woman on it said "Tory can have his silver spoon, the people rather have a knife and fork"

What the F does that even mean? Is Ford going to shank people? Is FN full of cannibals? I don't get it?. I get what silver spoon means, as even a baby, Tory got the best of everything. But why the hell is Ford giving a knife to a baby. I bet Ford thought it sounded brilliant, but it makes no sense

And yes why is Doug being "honorary Mayor". The guy has NO PLACE IN THIS. I bet he voted against it and non of the events are even in his ward (I don't think) He deserves such a booing, I might even consider going down there myself.

"They're pretty ignorant" Doug Ford on crowd at tonight's debate

They're ignorant

Has his expensive fundraiser happened yet? I seem to think it's this Monday. I wonder if it's been cancelled so they've removed it.

Does anyone have an up to date link of upcoming debates?

Its supposed to be at national banquet hall tomorrow. Address 1000 finch west. They should be able to find it. Isn't that the courthouse address?

And yes why is Doug being "honorary Mayor". The guy has NO PLACE IN THIS. I bet he voted against it and non of the events are even in his ward (I don't think) He deserves such a booing, I might even consider going down there myself.

This is pissing me off no end. If there is any justice in this world, his words will be drowned out and he will be run out of downtown. I don't usually hit Nuit Blanche until midnight or so (and TBH spend most of my time on the Rues des Refusés) but might have to juggle things so I can join you in booing the swine.

If the co-mayor is willing to lecture the "ignorant" hordes on the benefits the Fords have bestowed on Toronto again tonight, more power to him.

Probably didn't help the co-mayor that last night's debate was held just steps away from a recently closed firehouse that had been there since 1929. In fact, you couldn't even buy a drink in the Bloor West Village until 1997.

Because it borders High Park and has four subway stations, there is increasing pressure to build more, and higher, condos.

For anyone considering purchasing a home in the Bloor West Village, this may help decide which candidate is best for Ward 13.

Save Our Village
http://saveourvillage.ca/

View attachment 35039
http://www.latitude44gallery.ca/wp-content/gallery/david-crighton/bloor-w-village2.jpg

Last edited:
Has anybody heard the absurd attack ad from Ford to Tory? At the end of the ad the woman on it said "Tory can have his silver spoon, the people rather have a knife and fork"

What the F does that even mean? Is Ford going to shank people? Is FN full of cannibals? I don't get it?. I get what silver spoon means, as even a baby, Tory got the best of everything. But why the hell is Ford giving a knife to a baby. I bet Ford thought it sounded brilliant, but it makes no sense

It's Fordian metaphor\simile\metonymy. If silver spoon=fancy elitist caviar. Then knife and fork=regular folks humble meat and potatoes. In this case it's not really about "born with a silver spoon in mouth". It's more kitchen table politics. It tends to go over really well, just ask Karen Stintz. Super serious mode, it's Doug class baiting. If he gets desperate enough, he may do his interpretation of this one instead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzK97Aaj_U8

And yes why is Doug being "honorary Mayor". The guy has NO PLACE IN THIS.

Because the title is conferred by hereditary or bloodline. Thug is the King's brother.

Last edited:
It's Fordian metaphor\simile\metonymy. If silver spoon=fancy elitist caviar. Then knife and fork=regular folks humble meat and potatoes. In this case it's not really about "born with a silver spoon in mouth". It's more kitchen table politics. It tends to go over really well, just ask Karen Stintz.

John Tory, Doug Ford, and Rob Ford were all born with silver spoons in their mouths. Rob's was just really small, that's all.

John Tory, Doug Ford, and Rob Ford were all born with silver spoons in their mouths. Rob's was just really small, that's all.

Haha, wait what was the drug Rob claimed he never tried. Heroin? It was weird because didn't he say something like you name it, he tried it. But he suddenly clammed up when heroin is mentioned. Why do I get the suspicion that Rob clammed up because it hit too close. But you know, that's in the past and such. You guys do what you want I'm done apologizing we have to move forward yada yada yada.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back