News   Jul 16, 2024
 583     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 727     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
From Norm Kelly:

FYI: Mayor gets first dibs on invitations. If he can't go, he can designate.

Via Shawn Jeffords:

Organizers tell me no media allowed in Nuit Blanche reception tonight where Cllr Ford is set to speak. It's a private event. #topoli

In DMW's case, not really--it's a pretty squarely "middle"-by-Toronto-standards ward (i.e. with minimal elected NDP history). And yes, there's lots of apts and immigs scattered here and there; but in the end, not much more so than in Holyday's Ward 3...

I'd love to know what DMW has ever done that was worthy of his salary -- for anybody. He's getting support for what, exactly?

As useless as the Fordz, just not on as grand a scale.

From Norm Kelly:

FYI: Mayor gets first dibs on invitations. If he can't go, he can designate.

Via Shawn Jeffords:

Organizers tell me no media allowed in Nuit Blanche reception tonight where Cllr Ford is set to speak. It's a private event. #topoli

I wonder if this is a new rule for tonight? And I guess this means no signs or booing by regular folk who can't get in.

Also, I told you guys about this rule about the mayor getting first dibs a few months ago and a few people said it wasn't true. My friend does a lot of city events and told me this was the case and always hoped there would be a delegate.

Last edited:
The most damning evidence of poor judgement and unsuitability for the mayor's chair:

"Records show Tory contributed $300 to [Doug] Ford when he was running for the Ward 2 council seat, on top of a $2,000 donation to his brother Rob Ford, who was then running for mayor."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...dorsements-makes-retraction-1.2788004?cmp=rss

That was then, this is now...2010 all anyone really of D Ford was that he was R Ford's older, more prosperous, intelligent brother who was out of country more often than not for the past ten years...It was generally thought D Ford would be anchor for R Ford's flights of fancy...Boy did someone get it wrong. That is what a great salesman can do make people see what they want to see.

it's insane how far behind i am on this thread! i'm spending some time today catching up, part of which includes going back to tabs i left open to revisit later. one such tab mentioned don frigo, but now i can't find it... and a ut search (using google) for his name turns up nothing... but there is one thing i wanted to point out about that story none the less.

from the frigo story...

Peter Naccarato, who worked with Frigo for 30 years

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/kitch...novski-arrested-charged-with-murder-1.2773776

from the east york mayoral debate...

Peter Naccarato, her son and an event volunteer

http://www.nowtoronto.com/news/story.cfm?content=199044

is that the same peter naccarato?

That was then, this is now...2010 all anyone really of D Ford was that he was R Ford's older, more prosperous, intelligent brother who was out of country more often than not for the past ten years...It was generally thought D Ford would be anchor for R Ford's flights of fancy...Boy did someone get it wrong. That is what a great salesman can do make people see what they want to see.

Except that Tory knew the whole family and all the crap they got into. Tory also knew Fords voting record and how intelligent he was. He probably also knew about the brothers being involved with drugs. He certainly knew that Rob was not fit to be mayor, yet John Tory decided to not only support both the Fords but also give them money.

What does that say about John Tory and how much he cares about Toronto? It's not like Tory didn't know what Ford was about. He socialized with the guy and I'm sure he knows more about the Fords, than any of us ever will.

If that's not bad judgement, I don't know what is. There is no way anybody can justify it. It is, exactly what it appears to be.

Last edited:
it's insane how far behind i am on this thread! i'm spending some time today catching up, part of which includes going back to tabs i left open to revisit later. one such tab mentioned don frigo, but now i can't find it... and a ut search (using google) for his name turns up nothing... but there is one thing i wanted to point out about that story none the less.

from the frigo story...

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/kitch...novski-arrested-charged-with-murder-1.2773776

from the east york mayoral debate...

http://www.nowtoronto.com/news/story.cfm?content=199044

is that the same peter naccarato?
Doesn't seem likely, if he worked with him for over 30 years, that would make him around 55 to 60 years old. His mother would be at least 80 and I can't imagine her organizing community debates. Why?

Except that Tory knew the whole family and all the crap they got into. Tory also knew Fords voting record and how intelligent he was. He probably also knew about the brothers being involved with drugs. He certainly knew that Rob was not fit to be mayor, yet John Tory decided to not only support both the Fords but also give them money.

What does that say about John Tory and how much he cares about Toronto? It's not like Tory didn't know what Ford was about. He socialized with the guy and I'm sure he knows more about the Fords, than any of us ever will.

If that's not bad judgement, I don't know what is. There is no way anybody can justify it. It is, exactly what it appears to be.

It is 2010 there is one candidate the right is coalescing around. That candidate is R Ford..There were many more people out there that supported R Ford... don't make J Tory the sacrificial lamb. The story would be completely different if say M Thompson had also thrown his hat in ring and JT continued to support R Ford...And who was realistically looking at the Fords being involved in drugs? No one....

Once this is all finished we're going to need a Truth & Reconciliation Commission so that the city can move on.

It is 2010 there is one candidate the right is coalescing around. That candidate is R Ford..There were many more people out there that supported R Ford... don't make J Tory the sacrificial lamb. The story would be completely different if say M Thompson had also thrown his hat in ring and JT continued to support R Ford...And who was realistically looking at the Fords being involved in drugs? No one....

Yes but let's not pretend Tory didn't know exactly what Toronto was getting with Rob Ford. Tory knew exactly what he was doing when he supported Ford. Yep, he supported Ford because they were friends who were both on the same team. He did that, in spite of the fact that he knew Ford was in over his head and would be a terrible mayor. That's why I find it hard to believe that Tory actually cares about this city. He obviously wasn't concerned about the damage his buddy would do to our city or the repercussions. That is what I call very bad judgement but I am not surprised at that, as Tory has a history of making very bad judgements.

I don't know why this city can't find better quality people, to run for political office. Again, we are given very bad options and look how good that turned out for us the last time. I don't see why Tory deserves my vote, in fact, I see many good reasons why he doesn't. The first one being the sleazy guy he chose to manage his campaign. That tells you a lot about Tory and his lack of integrity, right there.

There were plenty of PC and small 'c' conservative careerists who saw enough of the Fords to know they weren't fit for office. But that's how far conservatism in Canada has degenerated. Candidates who wouldn't have gotten a look in years ago are now somehow considered mainstream, even when they are totally lacking in any real plans for positive action, or worse, are downright kooky.

These same people are now painfully trying to distance themselves from the Fords, and will blame it all on the drugs and alcohol when the problem is much bigger than that. In fact, for Harper, Hudak et al, if it weren't for the crack, the Fords would be OK. That is just so wrong.

This no government, no taxes, no care crap has gotta stop passing off as politics, and take its place as expensive nihilism.

No wonder people are so cynical and hate politicians. Yes, I agree, without the booze and drugs, Ford still would have been totally unsuitable for mayor or any other political position. Frankly, the man wasn't even suited to be a dog catcher. How anybody (not in Ford Nation) could not see that, is a mystery to me. Just watching the infamous "Fat Fuck" video, clearly showed the mentality of the man.

And yet, Tory, Harper and Hudak had no reservations about Ford at all. I'm sure in private, they were laughing their asses off, thinking about him becoming mayor of Toronto. (Yet they still supported him) Not one of them, has an ounce of integrity.

Last edited:
There were plenty of PC and small 'c' conservative careerists who saw enough of the Fords to know they weren't fit for office. But that's how far conservatism in Canada has degenerated. Candidates who wouldn't have gotten a look in years ago are now somehow considered mainstream, even when they are totally lacking in any real plans for positive action, or worse, are downright kooky.

These same people are now painfully trying to distance themselves from the Fords, and will blame it all on the drugs and alcohol when the problem is much bigger than that. In fact, for Harper, Hudak et al, if it weren't for the crack, the Fords would be OK. That is just so wrong.

This no government, no taxes, no care crap has gotta stop passing off as politics, and take its place as expensive nihilism.

Well, that happened in the provincial election. It could have happened in Toronto with a better centre-left candidate, but Chow has just not been up to snuff. And, it's looking at the moment like Trudeau Jr. will be the next PM. I'd say that's pretty serious signs of the worm turning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back