318     1 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 458     0 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 456     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Despite your well-laid-out list of similarities, I'm still grappling with the comparison of the Fords to either of the US clans mentioned.
The mind boggles at the thought of the Fords on the national stage, let alone the world stage. Just not in the same league as either multiple-POTUS family...the Fords are bush-league rather than Bush-league, so to speak. :)
If Justin Trudeau pulls it off, that may be a better fit for a Canadian 'powerful political dynasty', if not for the backstory similarities.

Damn it took two reads to see how funny and wise this is . Bush league. Brilliant.

'godsgift' actually (that's part of her email address ;))
check out her ad in the Dec7, 2012 issue of the scarborough mirror, when she was running for TDCSB trustee (p.15):

http://issuu.com/thescarboroughmirror/docs/sca_n_dec07

can't believe they actually accepted that ad full of hate speech

Usually if the ad\fridge magnet features a pic of Jesus, but not of the actual candidate. Sad to say it's 99.9% a loony fringe. The line with "or demoralized because you were befriended by a gay lesbian student?" is...well it's almost laughable. Anyhow the Scarborough Mirror also has ads from psychics, IIRC I read one where they offered blessings, fortune casting, curse removal and psychic protection from enemies good for up to one year. Iola's trustee ad IMO should be read in the same way.

I do read the Scarborough Mirror sometimes, like say when I'm eating a snack. But it's basically a free community paper with 80% of it's content consists of flyers and coupons. And half the time the flyers is a better read.

Well I am playing a bit but wow that movie Fahrenheit 911 we can learn from it. Ford fam is a smaller scale example of how great power can wind up in the hands of the very stupid.

I also accidentally mangled your quote. ( hand held hell) lo siento

Damn it took two reads to see how funny and wise this is . Bush league. Brilliant.

Thanks! And no worries about the quote...am pecking away left-handed since I managed to bust my right wrist. The typos can be something else :) Am queuing up Fahrenheit 911 for watching; appreciate the recommendation.

Hahaha...

Looking forward to the Bloor West RL, trench dug thru High Park, brought to you courtesy of Coca-Cola. 'Cause, Connections.

:D

Many new Ford for Mayor signs went up in Ward 3 yesterday. Randy's white Escalade was parked outside my house at rush hour, a couple of guys were putting up signs. One appears to have been forcibly removed overnight - wonder if it was put up at the wrong address.

There's a significant level of support for Doug here. I shouldn't be surprised, but I am, and a little grossed out.

Many new Ford for Mayor signs went up in Ward 3 yesterday. Randy's white Escalade was parked outside my house at rush hour, a couple of guys were putting up signs. One appears to have been forcibly removed overnight - wonder if it was put up at the wrong address.

There's a significant level of support for Doug here. I shouldn't be surprised, but I am, and a little grossed out.

Ward 3 is where the "nation" was birthed isn't it? Holyday's home base. I think you know the story as well as I do regarding Holyday and the Fords initial meeting...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back