3.4K     3 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 1.8K     2 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 625     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
according to cp24 Ford was behind the streetcar heading east when the accident happened. I would submit the reason why the msm would not pick up on the accident scene selfie is the same reason we are ragging on Ford for allowing it - would be in poor taste to publish it because a woman was dead at the scene. and Cancer.

Though with the Dundas West subway cave-in taking up so much west-end oxygen, yesterday was the best possible day to monkey-wrench any convenient pro-subway, anti-streetcar rhetoric from the Ford camp...

Though with the Dundas West subway cave-in taking up so much west-end oxygen, yesterday was the best possible day to monkey-wrench any convenient pro-subway, anti-streetcar rhetoric from the Ford camp...

Well Doug hasn't chimed in yet. I bet he will talk about it being a reason for subways....and a reason for plugs lol see what I did there?

Which would be okay, because that's then a separate story, and not the same as making the Inappropriate Selfie the lede of the initial story about the fatal accident.

Nothing new about death. It only makes the New York Daily News if Rob is on scene posing for selfies.

Joe W.

"Rob Ford on witnessing TTC death, dealing with chemo"
http://www.torontosun.com/2014/10/01/rob-ford-on-witnessing-ttc-death-dealing-with-chemo

Making that telephone call to the TTC General Manager must have been very stressful.

Not like he had to crawl under the car to work on her. It's a very dark and confined space. The streetcar keeps bobbing up and down while folks are getting on and off.

Last edited:
New Warmington: http://www.torontosun.com/2014/10/01/rob-ford-on-witnessing-ttc-death-dealing-with-chemo

Robbie resists the temptation to blame the St Clair disaster for the accident. Like many predicted, he's also saying now he would've won the mayor's race had he stayed on the ballot lol.

Oh, and he says he uses the one hour a day he feels well to make consist calls rather than be with his family.

First off - I avoid clicking the link to give Sun (and by extension, wormtongue) the hits for their business.

But of course, he doesn't need to soil his hands when wormtongue did the job for him. And surely, to get to St. Clair, take selfies, and then get to City Hall for the photo-op takes more than an hour, esp. considering how much of a disaster the St. Clair is, esp. after an accident.

I wonder if the ambulance had trouble getting there, considering how it was branded as a death trap that would prevent first responder access.

AoD

New Warmington: http://www.torontosun.com/2014/10/01/rob-ford-on-witnessing-ttc-death-dealing-with-chemo

Robbie resists the temptation to blame the St Clair disaster for the accident. Like many predicted, he's also saying now he would've won the mayor's race had he stayed on the ballot lol.

Oh, and he says he uses the one hour a day he feels well to make consist calls rather than be with his family.

Yah I noticed that bit too. He and his wife were so upset telling the kids, and yet having them watch fights, drugs and anger is all good

I hope he doesn't get PTSD from what he witnessed. Not like he had to crawl under the car to work on her. It's a very confined space. The streetcar keeps bobbing up and down while folks are getting on and off.

I'm sure Rob would have lifted the streetcar with his bare hands if he could.

Side note: the old PCC cars had a lifeguard cradle in front of the front truck that would fall to the ground if something/ someone fell under the front of the car, but I guess people could still fall under the rear wheels. The ALRVs also had this cradle when they were new, but I don't know if they removed them or they're still there. The TFS does drills with special dollies and jacks to lift streetcars so that they can get underneath the cars. They just did an exercise with one of the new cars a few weeks ago.

I don't know ... when people get hit by subways it's generally less survivable than being hit by a streetcar, and streetcars/LRTs are generally less prone to tunnel issues.

I'm sure Rob would have lifted the streetcar with his bare hands if he could.

He could benchpress it - sic: http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2012/02/13/rob-ford-weight-doug-ford_n_1273265.html

I don't know ... when people get hit by subways it's generally less survivable than being hit by a streetcar, and streetcars/LRTs are generally less prone to tunnel issues.

I wouldn't count on that - the difference is probably academic. It does sound like the vehicle is travelling at a significant speed though, given the reaction time issue.

AoD

Last edited:

I find it amazing that a married millionaire with kids, poor health and access (clearly!) to the best Lawyers in Canada doesn't have a will. What is this guy's deal??

The only thing I love more about Joe than bullying the sick mayor into an "exclusive ive" picture is his constant ability to get those killer quotes. I learned so much knowing that Rob is not wearing a shirt and tie, "just a shirt."

I smell a Pulitzer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back