431     0 
News   Jun 26, 2024
 446     0 
News   Jun 26, 2024
 553     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if the ambulance had trouble getting there, considering how it was branded as a death trap that would prevent first responder access.
AoD

I'm sure you said that in jest, AoD. But, here is the official statement for anyone with doubts about "The St. Clair Disaster".
http://wx.toronto.ca/inter/it/newsr...ee2e80832ded7cea8525746e00602728?OpenDocument

"Fire Chief says St. Clair Avenue West right-of-way safe for fire trucks"

As we saw yesterday, they managed to get ten ( ! ) fire trucks on scene. Not counting police and paramedics.

It's interesting that he referred to driving behind a streetcar, which you can't (shouldn't) do on St Clair, but the bigger question is if he feels okay for only an hour here or there, why is he out of the house and driving around for at least an hour at a time? I understand that it's hard to keep him from roaming around, and pictures of him around town will start to surface until the next round of chemo, but he's probably not doing his health any favours.

The first thing he should be doing with those hours is spending time with his kids, repairing that relationship (if all is at it appears.) But if he's going to be up and out and around, shouldn't he be putting in some effort towards his ward 2 camping? If I was a resident of Ward 2, I'd not be very impressed with a candidate that feels he doesn't need to work (AT ALL) for my vote. I might be inclined to give him a pass for not camping if he were actually at home recovering, but out grabbing DQ & posing for fan pics with a dead woman just out of frame, is exactly not that.

I bet even if Doug loses and Rob wins his old council seat he'll continue acting as if he was mayor. The phone calls to Byford and the city manager for even the smallest of issues will continue!

Daniel Dale ‏@ddale8 2m2 minutes ago
Election signs - lawn signs, other signs - are allowed up as of midnight.

As for Rob acting like mayor when he isn't, that wouldn't surprise me at all. He sure didn't look like he was dying yesterday...

The first thing he should be doing with those hours is spending time with his kids, repairing that relationship (if all is at it appears.) But if he's going to be up and out and around, shouldn't he be putting in some effort towards his ward 2 camping? If I was a resident of Ward 2, I'd not be very impressed with a candidate that feels he doesn't need to work (AT ALL) for my vote. I might be inclined to give him a pass for not camping if he were actually at home recovering, but out grabbing DQ & posing for fan pics with a dead woman just out of frame, is exactly not that.

they'd vote for a dead rofo, so camping won't matter

I bet even if Doug loses and Rob wins his old council seat he'll continue acting as if he was mayor. The phone calls to Byford and the city manager for even the smallest of issues will continue!

The Make-A-Wish Foundation will grant a "batkid" type day for Rob. He wanders around Toronto in a specially equipped Escalade, while the entire city cheers him on, wearing his chain of office and tending to accident victims... (in a special ceremony at CH the chief of police congratulates him for saving the city)

My sarcasm was a bit oblique at times, obviously.

AoD

I know you were being sarcastic. It's just that Rob keeps going on about the St Clair Disaster, that some readers may actually believe him.

The Make-A-Wish Foundation will grant a "batkid" type day for Rob. He wanders around Toronto in a specially equipped Escalade, while the entire city cheers him on, wearing his chain of office and tending to accident victims... (in a special ceremony at CH the chief of police congratulates him for saving the city)

It sounds like he actually kept his distance and let firefighters and paramedics do their jobs. The last thing they would need was MINO breathing down their necks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back