4.9K     6 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 2K     3 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 699     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
then thank god the ceiling for these maniacal and bitter loons is probably hovering somewhere around 15% of the electorate.

anyway yes, Manning resurrected his party--and Canada had 10 glorious years of vote splitting on the right. in other words: Chrétien's three liberal majorities in a row. in 1997, Libs won their second majority with 38.5% of the vote!

So if the Fordist mouth breathers want to split off from the PCs at the provincial level that can only be seen as a good thing! all it does is insure that left and centre left parties will win election after election in the province.

I agree with ya...but I'm only strategizing from I see. Ford Nation echoes the Reform party. They had 1 sitting member in 1989. By 2006, they formed government. Doug is 48....Rob is 45....

Tory keeps patting Olivia on the head. Not literally, of course.

Just reading Daniel Dale's tweets from today. Two observations:

1). Tory may be starting down the road of imploding thanks to cancelling 2 debates and organizers are rightfully pissed
2). Chow is kicking Tory's butt at the moment (except for the faith based comment)

How much of the remaining FNation is viable to do that though? I'm serious here since you raise a very excellent, and quite terrifying point. I admit from my own limited and biased viewpoint, I saw most moderates who tentatively supported Ford leaving FN a long while ago. Then again even I know sometimes it's not about numbers alone, but the concentration of zealotry. The provincial Liberals currently have a majority, and it is very possible if the provincial Libs treat that as a free pass, a backlash can set up favorable conditions for Ford Nation Provincial Edition to possibly happen.

Nah. If they pull that new party stunt, the members they would get from the current PCPO would be the Randy Hillier-types. They'd likely split the vote and we'd have Liberals forever. Kind of a reverse Alberta. As far as leadership ambitions, I agree with Pud99 that the behind the scenes machinations re: a DOFOJr. run for PCPO leader would be put down real quick. Also, a fun fact to remember: Kouvalis and Ciano are already in circling jackal mode in that particular arena. So Doug's 'bloodbath' might come from an entirely different quarter than the muni game already afoot.

Daniel Dale @ddale8
Chow, in a church, says Tory has gone from "faith-based" school plan to "faith-based" transit-funding plan. Some boos.

Not a good move, Olivia.

You should use the Quote feature when quoting someone because it looks like Dale said it wasn't a good move (he didn't, I'm following too) when it's your own comment.

1). Tory may be starting down the road of imploding thanks to cancelling 2 debates and organizers are rightfully pissed
2). Chow is kicking Tory's butt at the moment (except for the faith based comment)

Agreeing with Daniel Dale. Patting Olivia's head? Far from it..

Well, from a few sources on here who seem to think Ford's condition is indeed serious, I want to say that if they're keeping him in, it should be! My (at the time) 81 year-old MIL, who has an ostomy-bag from two bouts of earlier cancer, was sent home twice in a period of a month before they figured out that she had to have her gall bladder removed, had really high potassium levels (kidneys not working) and pancreatitis (at Mt Sinai). My own father had bladder/colon/kidney cancer and spent over a month in the hospital and went home with a bag (they wouldn't reattach because he was over 65 and he's still pissed). Mind you that wasn't Mount Sinai. Note to patients - when he did get his first full meal, he was allowed to have a (pharmacist-prescribed) beer.

Yup, she's really picked up steam as the debate has gone on. I also agree with him that she benefits most with Ford's absence because he's so loud.

Huh, I'm reading it the other way. Seems like Olivia's spent a lot of the night talking down to Tory.

Earlier on he seemed to politely talk down to her as if she didn't understand what the question was or what he was saving. I do think she's done better tonight than at most debates.

As far as leadership ambitions, I agree with Pud99 that the behind the scenes machinations re: a DOFOJr. run for PCPO leader would be put down real quick. Also, a fun fact to remember: Kouvalis and Ciano are already in circling jackal mode in that particular arena. So Doug's 'bloodbath' might come from an entirely different quarter than the muni game already afoot.

What I'm really hoping is that Doug tanks his mayoral campaign so thoroughly (as in getting fewer votes than Sketchy the Clown) that a run at the PC party leadership won't even be a possibility. On the other hand, watching him get resoundingly trounced a second time in that leadership contest would probably make me very, very happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back