4.8K     6 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 2K     3 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 691     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
You freedom hating gravy lovers are worse than the biased media sometimes. What is this obsession with "proof" you people have? Didn't the Good Lord himself say blessed are those who did not see, but still believe? You want proof, fine here it is. Here is St. Robert working hard for tax payers despite his medical condition ok!

FDR_with_girl.jpg

What, you want proof of Doug's camping efforts too? Here!

george-c-scott-patton.jpg

And what better way to pick up momentum and supporters than a quixotic run at the leadership of the party you're planning to destroy.

Preston Manning resurrected the Reform party from the ashes of the Social Credit party. Ford Nation IS THE PARTY that will eat the Ontario PC party. He doesn't want to be the PC Premier...he wants to be the Ford Nation Party Premier....

This has become by plan or happenstance its own political party.

The Reform party destroyed and consumed the remains of the PC party. Remember that? They rebranded themselves as Alliance......then the Conservative Party of Canada.

I was just saying that far right here would be moderate in the US.

Did someone already point out that the loons at IHTWOMF are now comparing UT to ISIS? Good times.

They were never known to be logical.

Mikey actually talked to a reporter for once.

As long as Doug lays low at the Sinai, I can't anything good for Tory if he shows up at debates. JT should let it be known that he is taking a break from the debate circuit until Doug feels ready to join them. That will likely put pressure on Doug to start showing up for them, or drop out of the race to care for his ailing sibling.

I can't see Tory, or any other candidate putting Doug in such a position of power. Doug's ego is plently big enough without allowing him to think debates aren't worth the time of day without him.

Last edited:
Preston Manning resurrected the Reform party from the ashes of the Social Credit party. Ford Nation IS THE PARTY that will eat the Ontario PC party. He doesn't want to be the PC Premier...he wants to be the Ford Nation Party Premier....

This has become by plan or happenstance its own political party.

How much of the remaining FNation is viable to do that though? I'm serious here since you raise a very excellent, and quite terrifying point. I admit from my own limited and biased viewpoint, I saw most moderates who tentatively supported Ford leaving FN a long while ago. Then again even I know sometimes it's not about numbers alone, but the concentration of zealotry. The provincial Liberals currently have a majority, and it is very possible if the provincial Libs treat that as a free pass, a backlash can set up favorable conditions for Ford Nation Provincial Edition to possibly happen.

i can't see Tory, or any other candidate putting Doug in such a position of power. Doug's ego is plently big enough without allowing him to think debates arern't worth the time of day without him.

If Doug and Tory take a break from the debate circuit, it may put pressure on Olivia to debate some of the "fringe" candidates. Ari and that young lady security ejected tonight would be happy to take her on if Doug and JT's chairs are empty, I bet.

Don Peat @reporterdonpeat
Moderator @evansolomoncbc says Doug Ford was invited and they even offered to reschedule tonight's debate, his campaign said no #TOpoli

Daniel Dale @ddale8
Solomon says they offered to reschedule the debate to accommodate Doug Ford, but he said he wouldn't do it no matter when it was.

Classy...

I wonder if the Tory camp is thinking that they don't want to be in a debate without Doug. Tory and Chow going head to head gives Chow a chance to win back some of the progressive support she has lost to Tory, making it a close three way race with the potential for Doug to come up the middle. I'm guessing that Tory wants to continue to be seen as the anti-Ford candidate, and so wants to go toe-to-toe with Doug and win in the debates, while also marginalizing Chow as the third place candidate, unable to stop Ford from winning.

One certainly can imagine Kouvalis thinking such a thing.

Don Peat @reporterdonpeat
Moderator @evansolomoncbc says Doug Ford was invited and they even offered to reschedule tonight's debate, his campaign said no #TOpoli

Daniel Dale @ddale8
Solomon says they offered to reschedule the debate to accommodate Doug Ford, but he said he wouldn't do it no matter when it was.

Classy...

What a jerk. Yeah, captain obvious, I know.

If Doug and Tory take a break from the debate circuit, it may put pressure on Olivia to debate some of the "fringe" candidates. Ari and that young lady security ejected tonight would be happy to take her on if Doug and JT's chairs are empty, I bet.

Agreed, but giving Doug such power would be dangerous.

"Empty #DougFord podium is Clint Eastwood-like"
https://twitter.com/JenniferHRos/status/511657301795934210/photo/1

Doug may be content to do scrums. Has anyone ever seen how he performs in a formal debate?

Earlier this summer I met a councillor in an informal setting. I just had to bring up FoFam and s/he told me that s/he recognized that Doug didn't know how to debate so s/he tried to give him some pointers and he said he wasn't interested in facts, that "opinions sounded better." I think that sums up FoFam quite well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back