4.9K     6 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 2K     3 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 699     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much of the remaining FNation is viable to do that though? I'm serious here since you raise a very excellent, and quite terrifying point. I admit from my own limited and biased viewpoint, I saw most moderates who tentatively supported Ford leaving FN a long while ago. Then again even I know sometimes it's not about numbers alone, but the concentration of zealotry. The provincial Liberals currently have a majority, and it is very possible if the provincial Libs treat that as a free pass, a backlash can set up favorable conditions for Ford Nation Provincial Edition to possibly happen.

Look to the Green Party federally. They are a party of 1 in the House of Commons. All FN has to do is parachute candidates into every district. Hell...its easier than that. Ford is in selfies all over Canada and North America. His coverage and publicity in the U.S. and Canada puts them into a position of actually having their own party....with interested followers in many parts of this province already.

When they throw a party..a couple of thousand show up. When you go on the intertubes you'll see all sorts of people vowing their support of Ford eventhough they can't vote in our election. Make no mistake...this is real.

I never thought a city would be stupid enough to elect a bumblefuck like Ford as councillor...let alone as mayor.

Last edited:
Preston Manning resurrected the Reform party from the ashes of the Social Credit party. Ford Nation IS THE PARTY that will eat the Ontario PC party. He doesn't want to be the PC Premier...he wants to be the Ford Nation Party Premier....

This has become by plan or happenstance its own political party.

then thank god the ceiling for these maniacal and bitter loons is probably hovering somewhere around 15% of the electorate.

anyway yes, Manning resurrected his party--and Canada had 10 glorious years of vote splitting on the right. in other words: Chrétien's three liberal majorities in a row. in 1997, Libs won their second majority with 38.5% of the vote!

So if the Fordist mouth breathers want to split off from the PCs at the provincial level that can only be seen as a good thing! all it does is insure that left and centre left parties will win election after election in the province.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back