5K     6 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 2K     3 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 705     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is turning into the Fords right before our eyes. This has not been smart behaviour with him today. I am glad the groups organizing the debates flipped out, they put all that work into that debate and within a week they lose Soknacki, RoFo and then with under 3 hours notice Tory bails and it isn't an emergency AND he goes to one a couple of hours later. Running from the media makes him look like a chicken.

Nothing to gain by debating Chow again I suppose. She stands no chance of winning. Saving himself for Dougie.

For a person to register without attending at the counter in the Elections Office someone must file sworn docs on his or her behalf. (They can be sworn before a commissioner for oaths or a notary.) The docs do not have to be sworn if someone registers in person at the counter.

RoFo would probably interpret "sworn" as meaning "I'm Rob F*cking Ford and I'm running for Mayor of this F*cking City" (or Councillor for Ward F*cking Two, as the case may now be)

I know that poll of Ward 2 was done with a small sample size, but it really does prove his stupid people there are. They have a great candidate in Domise and choose to vote for someone who probably won't be able to do any actual work...

But then again, if Doug has 49% support as Mayor there, remember that Rob had something like 80% support as Mayor there...

Given Tory's poor showing and Chow's performance, how many people watched that debate? I imagine a lot of people followed it via Twitter.

I watched it on Rogers channel 10. Tory is the better debater and has a louder voice, but Chow is doing a pretty decent job lately keeping up and refuting Tory's statements. Plus I agree so much more with Chow's policies, so that more than anything continues to keep me strongly in her court. Doug "the campaign begins Monday" Ford will add some real entertainment to the debates, if he ever shows up.

Nothing to gain by debating Chow again I suppose. She stands no chance of winning. Saving himself for Dougie.

If he's thinking that way it's really stupid. I think people are going to look at things differently now and will feel more free to vote for who they want, not for who will defeat Doug.

If he thinks that he thinks we are all dumber than he is - and Olivia will win. Just watch this swing. Hes a two time loser for a reason.

If he thinks that he thinks we are all dumber than he is - and Olivia will win. Just watch this swing. Hes a two time loser for a reason.

He obviously is an arrogant son of a bitch isn't he. Likable but stupid. My vote swings back to Chow.

Actually, IIRC, Zane Cohen said that there is an "abdominal" mass. The GI tract is hardly the only thing found in the abdomen (lower left quadrant or otherwise), so I don't think that we can say with certainty that it is a "GI" mass in particular (but of course it might be).

You mean like an "abdominal" snowman?

abomidable-snow-rabbit-560x373.jpg

Maybe Rob will go from calling his brother "Jones" to calling him "George".

But then again, if Doug has 49% support as Mayor there, remember that Rob had something like 80% support as Mayor there...

True.

I watched it on Rogers channel 10. Tory is the better debater and has a louder voice, but Chow is doing a pretty decent job lately keeping up and refuting Tory's statements. Plus I agree so much more with Chow's policies, so that more than anything continues to keep me strongly in her court. Doug "the campaign begins Monday" Ford will add some real entertainment to the debates, if he ever shows up.

Criticize him once and it will be "my brother has a tumour!"

Last edited:
Earlier on he seemed to politely talk down to her as if she didn't understand what the question was or what he was saving. I do think she's done better tonight than at most debates.

Tory is sort of the King of man-splaining. That's not going to go over well with a lot of female voters.

Tory took off after the debate without talking to reporters. I don't know why he is bailing on these debates after saying he'd be there, he looks really bad for doing it.
He cancelled the debate at Harbourfront Centre that was scheduled for tomorrow night as well. They're pissed. This is the notice the organizers sent out. Maybe that "Mayor John Tory" thread was a little premature.

John Tory cancelled his participation in the important Waterfront Mayoral Debate the day before the event, planned for Tuesday, September 16 at Harbourfront Community Centre. Tory's last-minute decision was considered disrespectful by many Waterfront volunteers who invested time and money in the debate. Rogers TV10, City News online and other media also invested much time preparing for the debate.

This one-on-one debate between Tory and Olivia Chow was much anticipated because of the Waterfront’s controversial issues — the proposed jet expansion of the island airport, and the urban renewal led by Waterfront Toronto. By leaving organizers in the lurch without an explanation, it is assumed that Tory is unwilling to face these issues.

York Quay Neighbourhood Association, Bathurst Quay Neighbourhood Association (representing 10,000 residents) and the Waterfront Business Improvement Area had planned this debate for three months.

Tory’s abrupt cancellation is bound to raise questions about his commitment to the Waterfront!

Last edited:
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/torontos-rob-ford-hospital-ahead-polls-n203596

Toronto Mayor Rob Ford's scandalous past and mystery illness aren't hurting his standings in the polls. Ford, who abandoned his bid for re-election after doctors found an unspecified tumor in his gut, is running for the City Council — and is way ahead of the competition. A survey by the Forum Poll found 59 percent of voters in his ward say they will vote for the crack-smoking politician, compared to 26 percent for challenger Andray Domise.

Ford's younger brother Doug replaced him in the mayoral race but isn't doing quite as well. A poll conducted Friday found him in second place with a third of the support. Front-runner John Tory has 41 percent, and Olivia Chow is in third place with 19 percent.

Ford remains in the hospital awaiting test results. In a statement issued last week he said he was facing a serious health crisis but no details on his diagnosis or prognosis were provided.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back